Am I in the brown sticky stuff?

Got my first job on a rigid a few weeks ago ,driving first time on digicard. 2 weeks ago the card started to malfunction rung DVLA they told me what to do to renew it. I asked them what to do in the meantime they said keep a daily manual record which i’ve done on the back of analogue tacho’s .now I’ve got my new card back and with it came instructions on what to do,which is still do a daily printout without a card in(don’t know how to do that anyway)…So i’ve no daily printouts for 11 days . Am i in the [zb] with VOSA ?

The firm i’m driving for is a cash and carry in leeds there’s no TM or anybody who knows the first thing about transport/haulage. athough they do have a TM in London somewhere who we send our printouts and tachopaks to every now and then.

probally…but if you know how to work the tacho and which truck you were driving on which days, you can still get a printout from the 11 days that you missed
Question for you…have you done your DCPC training

i’ve done a 7hr training day on DCPC. but the firm where i did it had no trucks on digicard so the instructor just mentioned the proceedure. I think the main thing for me now is to get some training on the use of digicards but in the meantime how do i find out how to get a printout for the 11 days .i’m in the same truck all the time.

what make of tacho is it

Stoneridge Page 53

Siemens Page 44
And you need to carry enough printer paper with you to do printouts if your stopped which usually means having 1 full roll in the cab every day.

I dont understand why they still want you to do a printout now that you have got your card back cos if your card is working, you dont need to do a printout

You also need to make you card available to your employer for download at least once every 28 days, some firms do it daily or weekly

205:
what make of tacho is it

Stoneridge Page 53

Siemens Page 44
And you need to carry enough printer paper with you to do printouts if your stopped which usually means having 1 full roll in the cab every day.

I dont understand why they still want you to do a printout now that you have got your card back cos if your card is working, you dont need to do a printout
You also need to make you card available to your employer for download at least once every 28 days, some firms do it daily or weekly

It sounds like they just meant printouts for the days he was driving without the card to ensure that the data on the printout is the same as the analogue taco he has been using!

(I dont understand why they still want you to do a printout now that you have got your card back cos if your card is working, you dont need to do a printout)

if i was pulled by vosa would i not need the printouts to show what i was doing for the 11 days ?

just my luck having trouble downloading. got a mate sorting my pc out tomorrow so hopefully then i can sort this.
many thanks for the info 205

Taking printouts from the vehicle for the days you drove without a card will not put right what you’ve done wrong.

When driving without a card because it’s lost stolen or faulty you should take a vehicle printout at the start of the shift and another vehicle printout at the end of the shift.

The activities that’s shown on the second printout after the time the first printout was taken are your activities for the shift.

205:

They don’t want him to do printouts now, he should have taken them when he was driving without the driver card :wink:

Hos:
if i was pulled by vosa would i not need the printouts to show what i was doing for the 11 days ?

Yes you would need to show the printouts for the eleven days you were driving without a card.

There’s nothing you can do now except damage limitation, I would suggest that you take vehicle printouts for the days you were driving without a card if possible and make manual entries to explain why you don’t have two printouts for each day you drove without a card.

Hos:
just my luck having trouble downloading. got a mate sorting it tomorrow so hopefully then i can sort this.

Downloading from where ?
You don’t need to download anything just get printouts from the vehicle :confused:

tachograph:
Downloading from where ?
You don’t need to download anything just get printouts from the vehicle

i mean downloading the instructions from 295’s post on how to get printouts

Hos:
how do i find out how to get a printout for the 11 days .i’m in the same truck all the time.

Simple, you ask at Trucknet-UK :wink:

You haven’t said what make of tachograph it is so here’s the instructions for a Siemens digital tachograph.
With the ignition switched on:

1. Press “OK” (display will now show “Printout Driver 1”)
  2. Scroll down until you reach “Printout Vehicle”
  3. Press “OK” (The display will show “24 hr Printout”)
  4. Press “OK”
  5. Scroll down until the display shows the date you want a printout for
  6. Press “OK”
  7. The vehicle printout will begin
  8. When the printout has finished scroll down to the next date you want a printout for and Press “OK” again

Hos:
i mean downloading the instructions from 295’s post on how to get printouts

I see what you mean now :wink:

I also see 205 has been promoted to 295 :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

that’s great i’ll give it a go tomorrow :smiley:

295 who’s 295 bugger me can’t even get that right…sorry 205 :blush:

Ok, got printouts going back to last tuesday and wouldn’t let me do any more so i put the company card in and it let me get printouts for all the 11 days without a digicard. I know it’s not correct but it’s better than nowt.

many thanks tachograph

now all i need to know is how to change the clock,it’s an hour behind

Hos:
Ok, got printouts going back to last tuesday and wouldn’t let me do any more so i put the company card in and it let me get printouts for all the 11 days without a digicard. I know it’s not correct but it’s better than nowt.

many thanks tachograph

now all i need to know is how to change the clock,it’s an hour behind

When you say the clock is an hour behind are you talking about what time shows on the display or what time is shown on the printouts ?

The time on the display screen is local time and can be changed, it has nothing to do with what’s recorded on the tachograph or driver card:

The time recorded on the tachograph and the driver card is UTC time which is equivalent to GMT and can only be changed 1 minute per week (I think it’s 1 minute anyway :wink: ).
At this time of year UTC time is 1 hour behind UK local time (BST) so for instance at 08:00 our time the tachograph will be recording it as 07:00 UTC time, this is correct and should not be changed.

No need to change the time then. :smiley: So glad i found this site…thanks again tachograph

Hos:
No need to change the time then. :smiley: So glad i found this site…thanks again tachograph

You’re welcome :wink:

Hos is this your first rigid job…? How long have you had your license…?

Hos:
Ok, got printouts going back to last tuesday and wouldn’t let me do any more…

Because there is nothing on your card prior to last Tuesday to printout. :wink:

Wrams:
Hos is this your first rigid job…? How long have you had your license…?

got my license in oct’ 2010 and this is my first rigid job been there 2mths

Coffeeholic:

Hos:
Ok, got printouts going back to last tuesday and wouldn’t let me do any more…

Because there is nothing on your card prior to last Tuesday to printout. :wink:

got vehicle printouts for the period i didn’t have my card