Am i breaking the law

I am getting a little worried about breaking the law start work at 5 o clock arrive at first stop at 6 oclock put taco on p o a until i leave at 8 oclock arrive second stop 1045 put on break for 50 mins then put on poa until i leave there about 4 oclockdrive back 2yard get there about 7 oclock am i breaking the 6 hour rule or dose poa not count towards your six hours rules i am new to driving articsthanks for reading this sorry if this has come up before :question: :question: javascript:emoticon(‘:roll:’)
Rolling Eyes :astonished:

Not breaking the 6 hour rule, but what are you doing from 6 to 8 and 11.35 to 4? If you are using PoA when you are actually working then that is an offence. Same goes for the 50 min on rest - you cannot do any other work (eg opening curtains, doors or moving any of the load) whilst on rest or PoA.

So POA is like getting yer notes signed, opening curtains etc…or waiting to be tipped but on standby as such ? i know ive read it but forgot soz :slight_smile:

tobytyke:
So POA is like getting yer notes signed, opening curtains etc…or waiting to be tipped but on standby as such ? i know ive read it but forgot soz :slight_smile:

POA is where you are available for work but for no fault of your own cannot do any. You must know the length of the delay before you can call it POA.

So, for example, arrive at Sainsbury’s Haydock and told ‘we won’t get to you for three hours.’ You can call that POA.

There’s millions of scenarios you can call POA.

During a POA you must not be working. You must be able to dispose of the time as you wish.

tobytyke:
So POA is like getting yer notes signed, opening curtains etc…or waiting to be tipped but on standby as such ?

No. Getting your notes signed, opening curtains etc is “Other Work”. Waiting to be tipped when they’ve told you what the delay is is a PoA.

How many drivers can say they have gone all week without breaking any law. Tacho, WTD, defects its not easy.
A driver said to me the other day he needs a solicitor in his cab full time. Personaly I have given up.
WTD waste of time I wont abide it. :open_mouth:

i give up a long time ago

my tacho now stays on rest and neither vosa or police over the water have said anything to me when theyve checked my tachos

bighands:
How many drivers can say they have gone all week without breaking any law. Tacho, WTD, defects its not easy.
A driver said to me the other day he needs a solicitor in his cab full time. Personaly I have given up.
WTD waste of time I wont abide it. :open_mouth:

You’re making a big mistake here. The law allows quite a lot. Its easy to get through week after week without breaking the law or even coming close. The only thing the driver you spoke to the other day needs is a set of balls to say when enough is enough. It really is that simple. The only thing he’ll need in his cab with him soon is plenty of money if he gets stopped, do away with the solicitor as that will just cost even more for the forecoming conviction !!!