Am I being swizzed?

Hi folks, I know the answer to the question but I need some opinions.

The agency I currently work for pays £9ph for class 2 which I’m happy with. What doesn’t feel right is the fact that overtime is paid a £10ph. They also pay £10ph for unsociable hours before 4am.

My next point is regarding Bank Holidays. The week after good Friday there was no payment present on my payslip. When I questioned it I was told if I wanted pay for the Bank Holiday, I would need to book it off. Obviously it would then be deducted from my accrued holiday entitlement. Is this right? They also accrue this at 0.5 days per week. I’m not thick but to me that works out at 26 days, not the 20 by law and 8 Bank Holidays.

As I am unable to work a bank holiday where I am placed, surely this should be a paid day?

Some opinions would be good on this please.

Thanks.

no you will get 28 days per annum which is 20 days holiday and 8 bank holidays, you can take them as and when you want.

any holidays you want paying you need to book as BH are accumulated. remember Christmas day if you want paying that day it needs to be booked and taken from your 28

You shouldn’t need to book a bank holiday, it’s a [zb] holiday, it’s fixed they should have paid you.

Dieseldog66:
You shouldn’t need to book a bank holiday, it’s a f[zb] holiday, it’s fixed they should have paid you.

not if your rota’d on salary

You’re an agency driver. Unless you have guaranteed minimum hours, you are only paid for the hours you work. If you want to be paid on a day when you dont work, you need to book a holiday.

This will all be in your contract.

Can’t say the overtime rate is too shabby, it’s been years since I heard of an agency not paying same money straight thru.

Why don’t you suggest what scheme under the various ones under HMRC you accrue your holiday pay, I used the casual hours one.

Mattwoodtransport:
Can’t say the overtime rate is too shabby

well I can say its not shabby, its ■■■■, stop working for peanuts you mug, get out of this job and then the rest of us may get paid a reasonable wage. You are a mug :open_mouth:

green456:

Mattwoodtransport:
Can’t say the overtime rate is too shabby

well I can say its not shabby, its [zb], stop working for peanuts you mug, get out of this job and then the rest of us may get paid a reasonable wage. You are a mug :open_mouth:

+1

Mattwoodtransport:
Can’t say the overtime rate is too shabby, it’s been years since I heard of an agency not paying same money straight thru.

Really?!?!

I am guessing Saturday and Sunday is OK at £9 straight through too?