Am I allowed to do Class 1 practical BEFORE CPC (Class 2)?

Hi everyone.

Just to give you a summary… I passed by Class 2 practical test last week. Before that I passed the medical, theory and hazard test. :slight_smile: Really happy with that for a start.

The only thing left at the moment is to pass my Module 2 & 4 so that I can get my CPC and be allowed to do Class 2 jobs, but the module 2 exam is the back end of December. (probably due to lack of slots / restrictions because of “covid”)

While I’m waiting/studying for Module 2 & 4 during these 2 months, am I allowed to book a practical lesson & test for Class 1? … and if so, because I now have a Cat.C license, I won’t need to go through the medical and theory again?

Cheers in advance,
Owen.

OwenCr:
Hi everyone.

Just to give you a summary… I passed by Class 2 practical test last week. Before that I passed the medical, theory and hazard test. :slight_smile: Really happy with that for a start.

The only thing left at the moment is to pass my Module 2 & 4 so that I can get my CPC and be allowed to do Class 2 jobs, but the module 2 exam is the back end of December. (probably due to lack of slots / restrictions because of “covid”)

While I’m waiting/studying for Module 2 & 4 during these 2 months, am I allowed to book a practical lesson & test for Class 1? … and if so, because I now have a Cat.C license, I won’t need to go through the medical and theory again?

Cheers in advance,
Owen.

You can do C then CE then Mods 2+4
Your D4 medical covers ALL LGV categories and PCV D provisional if you ticked the D box on the D2 form

Like ROG said, no problem doing CE before cpc.

If you’re interested, I’ve got limited CE courses available during December. Residential at no extra cost if you live more than 70 miles from NG19 3FW.

Total cost: £1700 - 10% Trucknet discount = £1530. £200 deposit to book. Phone 01623 555661.

Ask on the forum for reviews.

Take care, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for your quick answers. :slight_smile:
I’ll see what I can do.

Best regards.

UPDATE:

Passed my CPC earlier this year. I’ve also done my Class 1 training but unfortunately failed the test (it was due to one signalling mistake, which isn’t bad compared to hitting kerbs which was what I was mainly concerned about)

… still waiting for a re-test but I guess this “back-log” is delaying everything right now … would be nice if my trainer company replied to my emails though. :frowning: