Always been a lorry Driver?

As above just wondering if folk on here had other jobs before becoming a hgv driver?

wee_gus:
As above just wondering if folk on here had other jobs before becoming a hgv driver?

no

Think we have had a similar post before

simple answer No

wee_gus:

Slater , rooftiler before i started driving but after a few months driving there was no turning back to the building sites :slight_smile:

I worked in a butchers shop, i passed my first year as a bricky,i was in the Royal Navy,i worked in a factory.i worked in a commercial garage.got my driving licence.drove a 7 tonner .then passed my class 2 then passed my class1 :smiley:

i got into it by mistake really, wanted to earn an extra few quid when i was younger, so i registered with an agency as a van driver doin weekend work, few weeks later, they talked me into driving a 7.5t for a company and that was it, got the bug and still doing it 15 years later, made it to class 1 now though :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

you cant beat being out on the road, as long as you get your work done, you can basically do what you want, within reason

im a fully trained mechanic i did that untill i was 21 then drove a busses until i was 27 and went for class 2 and done it ever since (32 now).

Barman, kitchen porter, grill chef, publican among others before starting in this game in 1984.

Qualified as a Panel Beater/Paint Sprayer (aka: Motor Vehicle Body Repairer !).
Packed it in to go back packing around Europe, came back and signed on with an Agency as a Van Lad and climbed the ladder from there.

butcher, french polisher, furniture renovator,psv bus driver, 7.5 tonne, jumped straight to class 1 in 1993, was brought up in transport, (dad’s a driver) :slight_smile:

Warehouse op, pig farm manager, tv crew, car rental senior management (worked way up ranks over 10 years)

Driving far the best job - enjoyment and money.

Shelf-stacker around GCSE time (Stock replenishment operative,now,apparently), Odd-jobbed at a local service station (maintaining car wash,cleaning pumps, grass cutting), went to Construction College near Kings Lynn to operate plant and then started HGV driving at 21,now 31 (so that should make me 61 as I prefer Fodens…)

Apprentice coppersmith, loft insulator, barman, security, cleaner, shop assistant, salesman, then driving since 1985.

livestock/deadstock, farming, events organizer, warehouse, retail, manufactoring - always been a driver :smiley:

Steel Erector/Welder.

Had a paper-round, but didn’t like multi-drops. :laughing:

Had a cpl of jobs between truck driving driving instuctor (car) car sales person giggalo but basicly truck driving since i was in me twentys

Photograhic training and worked for a few years selling the gear, made and installed signs for a while and then joined family woodyard business as manager but go involved with everything from cleaning the ■■■■■■■■■ to filing the VAT return. I had a major falling out and took class 2 to give me an exit route.

Early 50’s out of the pram into the passenger seat :open_mouth: never been out of them since (lorries) :unamused:

since i was 21 yes, had other crappy jobs before that, used to make cable harnesses for buses and trains aswell as plastic injection moulding.