Aluminium tank cleaner

What products can be used on aluminium tanks to make them shiny?

You notice on some trucks,that their tanks are gleaming,and not pitted,so I’m thinking there must be a product that you can buy,that doesn’t cost a kings ransom,that brings them up.

Also,what implement do people use on a truck that has a 6x2 configuration,to reach those hard to get to places due to the mid axle?

Ken.

quinny if the tanks a bit far gone cover a rag in diesel wipe the tank over then get some autosol ally cleaning paste and polish the tank it will take a while once youve done that use peek ally polish in future as its not as abrasive as autosol.to do the chassis you want a brush about the same size as one you get with a dustpan the down side is youve got either lay down on the chassis or get underneath.have fun :laughing:

Can’t believe you’re thinking about polishing your Twingo… :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

All we do here is spay alloy cleaner on, wait a few seconds and hose it off, I find that alloy wheel spray does the same thing and you can buy that in any car accesory shop :exclamation:

Can’t believe you’re thinking about polishing your Twingo…

I just want to keep the tank clean Rob,as it’s started to pit a little bit,and it’s only 10 months old.

But I may give it up,as we have 3 Merc Axor’s just arrived until September,and then they are to be replaced with 3 new ■■?. The Mercs are 2x03 plate,and 1x52 plate,so I’m off into the office tomorrow to see what’s arriving in their place.The Mercs are a temporary trade off until the new ■■? arrive,but if they are Twingo’s,I might as well hang onto the one I’ve got,coz I have a feeling the 3 replacements will be the same age as mine,just they must be surplus to requirements at HQ.

Thanks to Pat and Carl as well.

Ken.