Altrincham

Hi guys and gals, looking for a wee bit of route advice please.

Travelling down from the north to Altrincham tomorrow afternoon, by car. What route would be best? M6/M61/M60/A56, or M6/M56/A56.

Thanks for your help.

Avoid the roadworks on the M60 at the moment I’d carry on the M6 to the M56

Before the Internet…i wonder how many drivers would be able to ask the same question…why dont drivers just get a map out…look at the route and then go…its unbelievable that someone cannot manage to go from A to B without having to ask.
You wouldnt last five minutes on european/middle east work…we never had mobile phones, internet and all the other luxuries drivers have today.

The time its took you to ask your question you could have used google maps and got your answer

To the 2 smart arses who are obviously much superior beings than us other lesser mortals, I don’t get out of Scotland too often.

However, I’m well aware that the M61/M60/M62 area is often heavily congested, and with regard to checking maps, how do these 2 smart individuals think I came up with the 2 routes if I hadn’t already consulted online maps■■?

I was simply asking for a little advice, sorry for wasting your precious time.

To Cronus, thanks for your comment, that was the sort of stuff I was looking for.

You’re welcome.