Alternative to electric trucks

Don’t think this has been posted here before. A bit long but worth seeing - a better alternative to diesel or duracell trucks??

It’s great technology but it has been deliberately ignored by the main players for decades.
Also it uses fossil fuels to create the hydrogen, more than charging an electric vehicle in some cases, so renders it useless for faux political reasons.
But I believe storage is the biggest issue, no infrastructure for the storage tanks needed.
If this had been developed over the past 20 years instead of electric technology it would be a far better solution, but the monopolies decided electric would squeeze more money out of the public.
BTW, fossil fuels are abundant and replenishing, just so out of fashion

Some good points there - I certainly see some major flaws in the electric idea, even for cars. Let’s see how long the batteries last in a motorway closure in freezing or boiling hot temperatures. Everything runs off batteries, and they will always have a finite duration.

Such an interesting video, well worth the time watching and goes to show what great engineers that we have in Britain. Ships have long been storing helium in tank banks like the hydrogen ones on dive vessesls for years. I am sure the likes of BOC could soon come up with storage and transporting the hydrogen to sites and transport depots. Musk has a vested interest in pushing for electric because of his cars and for his own business. Imagine all of the scrap batteries in a few years time to dispose of. Hydrogen makes more sense.

gardun:
Some good points there - I certainly see some major flaws in the electric idea, even for cars. Let’s see how long the batteries last in a motorway closure in freezing or boiling hot temperatures. Everything runs off batteries, and they will always have a finite duration.

You only have to look at the current situation in leftie California to see how the shift to electric and “green energy” has basically crippled the state with black-outs and brought it to a third world level.

DCPCFML:

gardun:

You only have to look at the current situation in leftie California to see how the shift to electric and “green energy” has basically crippled the state with black-outs and brought it to a third world level.

Hadn’t heard of that. Will have to do some reading.

Tailschwing:

DCPCFML:

gardun:

Hadn’t heard of that. Will have to do some reading.

There is reason you haven’t read that California is becoming a 3rd world state…

Having started this thread with the JCB video, this came up on my facebook feed from 2 years ago!

gardun:
Having started this thread with the JCB video, this came up on my facebook feed from 2 years ago!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBwcwnKHVJA

No wonder JCB jumped off the electric band wagon and opted for something realistic and more efficient.