Alternative fuel?

Anyone used reliable biodiesel or gas duel fuel. Particularly interested in finding third party refuelling for cng, as in, a network of places and sites I could refuel at, also after a home fill cng if anyone experience,
Thanks in advance

Where I used to work we ran a couple of 3.5t vans on biodiesel. Ruined the performance completely. The folk we bought it off once sent us a dodgy batch, and it buggered all the filters up.

Top speed of the vans went down massively, destroyed the power output.

That bloody bio diesel makes the inside of your fuel tank look like a duck pond with sea weed .Dont bother .

A number of bus firms use gas (CNG) to power some of their vehicles as there are financial incentives from the government. The engines are purpose-built by the manufacturer for the job so I would factor that in to any argument. It is apparently a worthy alternative once they have got over the eye-watering cost of installing a fuel station.

Dual fuel also exists in the bus world with a mixture of diesel to warm up and before switching off and refined waste oil.

Bus firms using bio-diesel usually mix it with ‘normal’ diesel, presumably to mitigate against the problem mentioned above.