Also a new job

Well, bit the bullet, screw the Agencies, I start a full time job on Monday with Maritime in Northampton, money is good, tackle is good, I’m not tramping, I am on nights, so will be mostly drop and swaps, but it’s secure and a guaranteed wage at least. The guys doing the interview and assessment were pretty good, made you feel really relaxed about it all. So, looking forward to it. Just need to look for a house to rent now, anyone got a two bedroom house in Northampton area to rent.?

Sapper

You done container work before mate?

Well done mate! I really enjoy being on the containers. Was in maritime trafford park on friday and noticed they had the brand new Volvo FH’s, they have a really tidy fleet!

I work for maritime at Doncaster just opened 3 weeks ago seems a decent company I’m on days though deliveries and collections

God - those rigs are so ■■■■ slow !

Yes, done containers before, but a while ago, before all this Rhides came in, but been to Felixtowe about a year ago, got a temp one, but Maritime will sort that on Tuesday.
ianb4310, spoke to you on here about a couple of weeks ago about the units in IKEA, you still enjoying it?
Sapper

Hi guys, I’ve been thinking about applying to Maritime for a while now as a tramper on the containers. Not done container work before but fancy a bit of a change and some ‘clean’ work… Do you mind me asking what the money is like (average take home for a tramper,) and what the company is like to drive for■■?

sicknote:
Hi guys, I’ve been thinking about applying to Maritime for a while now as a tramper on the containers. Not done container work before but fancy a bit of a change and some ‘clean’ work… Do you mind me asking what the money is like (average take home for a tramper,) and what the company is like to drive for■■?

Sicknote !!!

I guess we’re both looking at the same thread then Fred!!

sicknote:
I guess we’re both looking at the same thread then Fred!!

Urm lol you got me !!!

Yeah it’s decent work and clean and good tackle I’m loving it

What’s the money like Ian? Paid weekly?? Hourly/night out rate??

Paid weekly take home for tramping pretty much the same as most places anywere between £450 - £600 depending on how many hours.

lost count of the amount of times i have sent them a cv via there site maybe there trying to tell me something !

Hi guys, I’ve been thinking about applying to Maritime for a while now as a tramper on the containers. Not done container work before but fancy a bit of a change and some ‘clean’ work…

• 1 !! Are Maritime Northampton looking for trampers ?

shade:

Hi guys, I’ve been thinking about applying to Maritime for a while now as a tramper on the containers. Not done container work before but fancy a bit of a change and some ‘clean’ work…

• 1 !! Are Maritime Northampton looking for trampers ?

Been on there website seems they are looking for night drivers only

Yea me too mate , might give them a call anyway . Will let you know what they say if you are also interested :wink:

Hi Guys, the one’s that are after tramping jobs at Maritime, are out of luck, at least at Northampton, I had my induction Sat and was told that they are trying to do away with the trampers, cos the trucks don’t earn as much as when they are manned day and night. Don’t know if its only Northampton tho, I think they are still looking for drivers for nights.

Sapper

Dieseldoforme:
God - those rigs are so ■■■■ slow !

rigs ■■?

Good luck in youre new job Brother Rubber :wink: :smiley: