Almost got crushed by an artic today

Minding my own business in my little car today at a large roundabout near Wolverhampton leading to the M6, stopped at traffic lights, next exit is to the M6. Green, go, artic on my right doesn’t indicate and is in the lane for the next next exit (after M6), he goes straight then starts to turn left towards the M6 exit - no indication, no care that his trailer is about to collide with me, nope. Of course the markings on the roundabout were unreadable so I can’t blame him for wanting to change lanes at the last moment but could we please at least indicate and use mirrors…it’s ridiculous the amount of professional drivers out there who skip basic things like that. It’s bad enough when someone pulls out @54mph on a 2 lane motorway / A road with utter disregard for vehicles about to overtake them at considerably higher speeds causing a chain reaction of brake slams and those ignoring “No HGV’s overtaking between 6am and 6pm pls” signs…

In other news the Cadbury 100g chocolate bars are now 95g for the same price /cry

You’ve not had much luck this week

Wonder if ETS has experienced the A66 when the Paddies are running for the boat. Those two roundabouts at Penrith are like Arc de Triumph. Golden rule is keep out of the way with those that have more lights on the front of the cab than brain cells.

I am glad someone else notices these things. Every time I am in the UK some moron tries to wipe us out! Almost guaranteed.

Following a taxi (Hackney Carriage) up to a roundabout this afternoon, in the outer lane of two, when he goes on the wrong side of a small traffic island with bollards and attempts to go round the roundabout the wrong way! Oncoming cars taking evasive action, much blaring of horns, waving of arms, and the taxi carried on and did a u-turn having finally realised he was in the wrong. Just imagine being a fare in that taxi. Everyday I’m more and more convinced that a growing number of “drivers” (and I use the description advisedly) have never passed a test or got a legal licence.

jakethesnake:
I am glad someone else notices these things. Every time I am in the UK some moron tries to wipe us out! Almost guaranteed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
possibly someone local to where you used to live that recognises you and is trying to do their bit for humanity? :grimacing:

jakethesnake:

You probably would benefit from some sort of advanced or defensive driving course mate. You’ll probably learn some interesting things like how to read a developing situation and what steps to take to avoid it.

I drive in the UK daily and can’t honestly remember the last time I let myself get into a situation that could result in me getting “.wiped out”. You’re welcome. :wink:

the maoster:
You probably would benefit from some sort of advanced or defensive driving course mate. You’ll probably learn some interesting things like how to read a developing situation and what steps to take to avoid it.

OOOO!!..

He shoots and he scores!

A blinding shot from 20 yards outside the box.

Sensational!

the maoster:

jakethesnake:

I drive in the UK daily and can’t honestly remember the last time I let myself get into a situation that could result in me getting “.wiped out”. You’re welcome. :wink:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+!
back of the net and its all over bar the shouting…check and checkmate… :smiley:

the maoster:

jakethesnake:

I like ETS have had to take avoiding action to prevent accidents which would have been the fault of a so called professional.

I thought you of all people would have been able to work that one out.

the maoster:

jakethesnake:

Yeah forget about fixing bad drivers, let’s instead teach everyone else how to protect themselves from bad drivers…

I often find those who have to take evasive actions have usually driven in such a manor where their lack of roadcraft has put them in a perilous situation

ETS:
could we please at least indicate and use mirrors…it’s ridiculous the amount of professional drivers out there who skip basic things like that.

Guess what??
I AGREE WITH YOU :open_mouth: yeh really. :sunglasses:

Hey just thinking :bulb: …Maybe if I’d agreed more with people my business wouldn’t have went ■■■■ up. :bulb:
■■■■ I knew I went wrong somewhere. :neutral_face:

:unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

jakethesnake:

the maoster:

jakethesnake:

I like ETS have had to take avoiding action to prevent accidents which would have been the fault of a so called professional.

I thought you of all people would have been able to work that one out.

Aye Maost…You of all people. :unamused:

:wink: :laughing:

ETS:
Minding my own business in my little car today at a large roundabout near Wolverhampton leading to the M6, stopped at traffic lights, next exit is to the M6. Green, go, artic on my right doesn’t indicate and is in the lane for the next next exit (after M6), he goes straight then starts to turn left towards the M6 exit - no indication, no care that his trailer is about to collide with me, nope. Of course the markings on the roundabout were unreadable so I can’t blame him for wanting to change lanes at the last moment but could we please at least indicate and use mirrors…it’s ridiculous the amount of professional drivers out there who skip basic things like that. It’s bad enough when someone pulls out @54mph on a 2 lane motorway / A road with utter disregard for vehicles about to overtake them at considerably higher speeds causing a chain reaction of brake slams and those ignoring “No HGV’s overtaking between 6am and 6pm pls” signs…

In other news the Cadbury 100g chocolate bars are now 95g for the same price /cry

So today I’ve been to East London,Essex, and south London, been sworn at cut up, avoided cyclists on phones, Just a normal day in the office, but tomorrow won’t be as exciting as Mr ets day has been,today …moving on…

OVLOV JAY:
I often find those who have to take evasive actions have usually driven in such a manor where their lack of roadcraft has put them in a perilous situation

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
give him time to make up another reply and see if he digs himself deeper…bi of a nailbiter sofar.
itl either be a flog it to death till we all forget what the o/p was on about,or itl be a strop and a flounce off into the sunset for a while. :slight_smile:

My money’s…

On the flounce and strop.

yourhavingalarf:
My money’s…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
the jurys out…time will tell…the odds are even sofar while no reply is the current answer… :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:
My money’s…

My money’s on him having a pop on a completely unrelated thread, catching you off guard. :smiley:
I’ve already been on the end of it…ooerr Mrs. :laughing:

Ref…‘‘Quit my job’’ to ‘‘Advice wanted’’ threads. :unamused:

You have been warned all who dare to disagree with this guy. :laughing:

No desire or interest to open any pm.s either bud.
If you’ve something to say, then say it on the forum.
Off to bed…nite nite. :wink: