Alltruck

Does anyone else have their motors looked after by Alltruck Nottingham/Leicester ?

Our place has a maintenance thing with them and they are just totally useless, getting them to fix something is near impossible.
Have a list of faults on the defect sheet that the mobile fitter doesn’t seem to be bothered with, “job for workshop” etc, He did his 6week inspection the other week and said the discs were cracked so needed to go into workshop to be done, came back 4days later with all of the same faults/defects except the discs.

Maybe your company is refusing the repairs you’re requesting as not urgent / cost effective, they might be getting ready to replace truck etc.

If they’re roadworthiness faults, then they need to be repaired, so stop taking truck on the road, if they’re not, then there’s your answer :wink:

I have had limited dealings with Alltruck in the past and from my experience they were always spot on, mobile fitter used to travel to us and we would schedule workshop repairs to be done while we wait and at a time to suit us, if your vehicles are on a maintenance contract then Alltruck have a legal responsibility to ensure the safety of such vehicles, if they thought the discs were dangerous then they would change them, LGV and PSV brake discs are prone to hairline cracking and is not unusual, VOSA find them an easy target because of that but unless it is really bad they only issue a delayed prohibition - or used to! Things may have changed now.

If you think they are dangerously cracked then refuse to drive it.

brados:
I have had limited dealings with Alltruck in the past and from my experience they were always spot on, mobile fitter used to travel to us and we would schedule workshop repairs to be done while we wait and at a time to suit us, if your vehicles are on a maintenance contract then Alltruck have a legal responsibility to ensure the safety of such vehicles, if they thought the discs were dangerous then they would change them, LGV and PSV brake discs are prone to hairline cracking and is not unusual, VOSA find them an easy target because of that but unless it is really bad they only issue a delayed prohibition - or used to! Things may have changed now.

He said they changed the discs

waynedl:

brados:

He said they changed the discs

LOL, yeah - it’s my age now, I suppose what I was saying is that Alltruck are a decent company and would not leave a dangerous vehicle on the road.

I’m 106 you know :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: