Alloy wheel repairs?

One of my trailers wheels has cracked in between 2 studs and I was just wondering if it is possible to repair alloy wheels or if i’m just going to have to replace it. If i’m to replace it is there anywhere anyone knows that sells secondhand alloys as i’ve been quoted £370+vat for a brand new one. cheers.

what make alloys are they?

there are usually plenty of Alcoa’s on ebay

shuttlespanker:
what make alloys are they?

Not sure to be honest, the trailer was bought secondhand and there isn’t any name or stickers on them. I’ll have a look on ebay, is it a standard size for a super single?

the main thing with a super single to watch for is the offset

a traditional wheel has a zero centre offset, the stud hole plate is in the centre of the rim, or you can get them for disc brakes and Mercedes axles with something like a 130 offset, where the trailer wheel looks the same as a front steer axle wheel on the unit

the most common alloy is Alcoa

shuttlespanker:
the main thing with a super single to watch for is the offset

I was told by another ownder driver that mine were offset so ill have to try ascertain what offset they have. Thanks for your help, luckily I have a steel wheel from the garage for now which I may just end up keeping on.

can you post a pic on here of the offending wheel?

It will have to be at the weekend as its at my dads farm awaiting the scrap man if it can’t be repaired!

some offset trailer/unit fronts on ebay now
ebay.co.uk/itm/Alcoa-Super-S … 3cc3cd12f9

One of mine did exactly the same thing. For now I’ve replaced it with a steel wheel but when funds permit I intend to put an alloy back on there. Tyretracks in Eccleshall do second hand rims, when I phoned them up a couple of months back they had a couple in priced at 175 and 195 (plus VAT of course, and delivery).

Paul

Cheers Paul I’ve actually seen their advert in commercial motor but like you I will be keeping a steely on it for now and wait to see what damage my MOT has on my funds at the end of April!

Rhino ltd at Tarleton repair alloy rims.