ALLMI Training

Evening all,

Can anyone recommend somewhere in the West Midlands where I could do a lorry mounted crane course and how much I could expect to pay?

Thanks

There’s a nice man from Stafford but you will need a lorry ,I think I paid £140 plus vat per man ,can’t just think of his name .

Could be paul Eyre or Erye?

Thanks for the reply Dan. I don’t have a Lorry unfortunately- Looking to do brick grab and hook. Had a break from driving but may have to go back into it and really don’t fancy the hours in haulage anymore after 12 months in the ‘normal’ world.
Thinking builders merchant work might suit me so want to give it a whirl.

Thanks again

hughgeorghan:
Thanks for the reply Dan. I don’t have a Lorry unfortunately- Looking to do brick grab and hook. Had a break from driving but may have to go back into it and really don’t fancy the hours in haulage anymore after 12 months in the ‘normal’ world.
Thinking builders merchant work might suit me so want to give it a whirl.

Thanks again

If you get on with a Jewson/Travis Perkins type they’ll put you through it.

But also be warmed that these days builders merchants are ridiculous with their daft health and safety laws. And they do treat them as laws :unamused:

Company called built in Aston Birmingham are after a driver. Owned by Travis Perkins. All training given and wage is £28k. Did a bit of agency for them and they asked if I was interested.

As said crazy health and safety. But not a bad place to work. Do it at your own pace and no pressure.

Thanks for all the replies.
I’d seen a few jobs advertised locally-ish but they all required the tickets. That was my reasoning for trying to get them off my own back.
Food for thought though, I’ll try sending out a few CV’s and see how I get on.

Thanks again

Does it have to be ALLMI? A1 Training do a 1 day course, with a brick grab, in Tyseley, and its not too expensive.

Thanks cracker-bar. I will drop them a line after the weekend.
Not 100% that it would have to be ALLMI but thought they were the most recognised/industry standard ticket to have.
can anyone advise me if this is the case?
I seem to remember different qualifications not being recognised by certain employers hence ALLMI being the go to these days?