Allied Bakeries...

I see that Allied Bakeries Launceston Depot in Cornwall have been advertising for class 1 & 2 delivery drivers since mid January and continue to do so!!!

I did apply in March and got offered an interview but had already secured another job!!

Does anybody know if they are good to work for or could this be a bad sign that they keep on advertising??

I know its early starts and multi drop but for Cornwall its fairly well paid…even if it means driving an Iveco!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Allied Bakeries have been recruiting nationally at all their bakeries and distribution depots since they won the contract to supply the Co-Op… a couple of hundred all told I’ve heard. A good and as secure a job you could get in this climate especially… I know a few drivers up my way that have been there for donkeys years so it can’t be that bad.

Thanks for that mate…Will keep it in mind!!! We are always going to eat BREAD!!! :smiley:

Heard they may be picking up tesco expresses from sept

Think its a flat £27k salary, job and knock. It’ll be early starts obviously, expect to be working weekends and bank holidays as well if i was you.

Beauty of doing multi drop on bread is the roads are dead whilst your doing it and for a lot of the shops you can just carry the order off the wagon, in and out in no time.

They do pay overtime if you want to work an extra shift… if its available that is. They are owned by Associated British Foods, a massive company, with pension and life assurance and of course cheap bread, crumpets, pancakes and the like. Worth considering if you fancy a change.

rob22888:
Think its a flat £27k salary, job and knock. It’ll be early starts obviously, expect to be working weekends and bank holidays as well if i was you.

Beauty of doing multi drop on bread is the roads are dead whilst your doing it

Do the drivers pick their own loads like Warburtons? That was the boring part.

Sounds fairly good all in all!!! Pretty similar to what i’m doing but a bit closer to from home to depot!!! Decision time…lol :confused:

Remember that this will be a very physical job,no sitting playing with your toys in the cab.

No time to play with TOYS on my job!!! Rest day for me today!!! :smiley: Rota- Tue-Sat for me this week!!! Nice quiet day off with the kids at school!!! :laughing:

The application process is pro-longed and a lot don’t make it to the end.
Step 1 - Online application.
Step 2 - Numeracy and physcometric tests.
Step 3 - 1 to 1 interviews and tests, 3 in total.
Step 4 - Driving assessment.

I think most jobs are delivering bread to retail outlets, (large and small) in rigid vehicles. Some large retail deliveries go on artics and some inter-depot trunking.

Shifts 5 days from 7, may include saturday and sunday.

Work Shy:
The application process is pro-longed and a lot don’t make it to the end.
Step 1 - Online application.
Step 2 - Numeracy and physcometric tests.
Step 3 - 1 to 1 interviews and tests, 3 in total.
Step 4 - Driving assessment.

I think most jobs are delivering bread to retail outlets, (large and small) in rigid vehicles. Some large retail deliveries go on artics and some inter-depot trunking.

Shifts 5 days from 7, may include saturday and sunday.

Or you could find which agency does them and go there temp to perm (it used to be best connection in Plymouth)
I was offered it but Camborne to Launceston each day was a bit of a hefty commute

Yeah it did seem a bit long winded!!! I passed the stage 1 & 2 and got offered an interview but declined as could not get time off!!! I will see if they keep advertising and may re-submit my on line application and see what happens…but sometimes its ‘Better the devil you know!!’

Seems a good job though…and the multi drop and handball suits me as saves on gym membership!!! :laughing:

Ah cheers Semtex!!! So is there much ‘Decent’ jobs down your way mate or do you have to travel miles to find them?

Bertie1973:
Ah cheers Semtex!!! So is there much ‘Decent’ jobs down your way mate or do you have to travel miles to find them?

Lets just say I’m now living in Lancashire…nuff said

Psychometric tests, Jesus wept.

Silver_Surfer:

Have you seen them? I wept this morning when I saw them. Wept with laughter I did. Do they actually want a driver or a bloody genius?!?!?!?

stevo101:

Silver_Surfer:

Have you seen them? I wept this morning when I saw them. Wept with laughter I did. Do they actually want a driver or a bloody genius?!?!?!?

What is a psychometric test? I’ve no idea which explains why I deliver flour, but not bread.

Example of one 763 divided by ? times 7 = 435

oh yeah and you have 7 seconds to work it out!

Another example would be checking an 8 digit code of letters and numbers against 5 possible options on the right, oh yeah and some only have 5 seconds to match them up! LOL

Knew I should of gone to uni after my ’ o ’ and ’ a ’ levels :open_mouth: but went in the paras instead :sunglasses: now I drive for a living! :laughing: SORRY I CHOOSE TO DRIVE A 44 TONNE ARTIC FOR A LIVING! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: