Allegro transport

c

Any source to that rumour cause if not it will be gone when the mods see this. Needs to be a verifiable source.

On companies house as in liquidation.

allegro fancy choosing that name, it did not work for British Leyland either, (or one of the many names they used in vain).

nn

Not seen an allegro motor for ages.
Can’t see Lockwood closing anytime soon.
He’s just had a new warehouse built

n

Darkspirit:
Allegro have gone into liquidation,could it have been poverty wages and bad attitudes that helped seal their fate,also Lockwoods are offering a whole £9.50 ph as well as zero hour contracts,might they be not far behind with one or two others i can think of in that area.

I thought there is a driver shortage? No ■■■■■■ wonder at £9.50ph!

Sent from my R19 using Tapatalk

commonrail:
Not seen an allegro motor for ages.
Can’t see Lockwood closing anytime soon.
He’s just had a new warehouse built

The guy who owned Allegro before the “sharp suits” turned up & bought him out has turned up @ Brett Martin as TM apparently…

Lockwood are in the same boat as all the others of their size, they need volume, but the volume shippers ain`t stupid, so they screw the hauliers down on rates & payment terms [120 days seems to be the norm now], and when you are down to the “fixed cost” bone, drivers wages become a target :unamused:

Its tricky out there, as the banks have just about given up on lending, seeing as they are now no longer the number one creditor anymore, and HMRC are getting sharper teeth seeing as they are now top of the tree, and want maximum bang for their bucks…its not for the feint hearted for sure :open_mouth: