All these mirrors are pointless

Every car I’ve ever driven has had a mirror in the sun visor that I could use to look at my pretty face and check that I’m still beautiful. None of the trucks I’ve driven have had these mirrors. Yeah they’ve got mirrors looking all about outside, even one looking down at my truck’s face, but these are pointless. What I need is a mirror inside the cab so I can look at myself while I’m driving. Do truck manufacturers think that all truckers are ugly bar stewards who care not for their appearance? I don’t need a mirror looking down the front of my vehicle to see if my truck’s face is still pretty, I need one for my face to check if there’s anything hanging out of my nose or any food dried onto my money maker.

SmashedCrabFace:
Every car I’ve ever driven has had a mirror in the sun visor that I could use to look at my pretty face and check that I’m still beautiful. None of the trucks I’ve driven have had these mirrors.

You’ve not driven a Volvo then?

Ok this is my vote for post of the year.

What you need to do is like me position your phone cradle so when you pop the front camera on its pointing straight at you. Then you can even take a pic if it’s one of those ‘wow I look fantastic’ days.

switchlogic:

What you need to do is like me position your phone cradle so when you pop the front camera on its pointing straight at you. Then you can even take a pic if it’s one of those ‘wow I look fantastic’ days.

But not on bad hair days eh? :wink:

Coffeeholic:

switchlogic:

If I’m having a bad hair day in the eyes of a fellow truck driver then I’m doing something right.

SmashedCrabFace:
Every car I’ve ever driven has had a mirror in the sun visor that I could use to look at my pretty face and check that I’m still beautiful. None of the trucks I’ve driven have had these mirrors.

If this isn’t defect form worthy then nothing is!

How far inwards will the mirrors move? Perhaps if you folded the entire bracket against the cab door you could solve this problem? Hey, if you do that then you could also fit your truck in those tight little countryside villages that you otherwise wouldn’t be able to, so you could wave at all the gatherings of cheerful local high-viz & hair dryer enthusiast clubs as you pass!

I’m just full of bright ideas me.

switchlogic:

Coffeeholic:

switchlogic:

If I’m having a bad hair day in the eyes of a fellow truck driver then I’m doing something right.

Not if you’re hanging by your neck by the seatbelt, trying to decide which is the better option - the fall into the ditch with rest of the truck or the clamber up to the door where the sky used to be, you’re not! :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry Luke, someone was going to say it, or something similar… :smiley:

Glad you and Bertie are ok. Seasons greetings to you :smiley:

Piston broke:

switchlogic:

Coffeeholic:

switchlogic:

Not if you’re hanging by your neck by the seatbelt, trying to decide which is the better option - the fall into the ditch with rest of the truck or the clamber up to the door where the sky used to be, you’re not! :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry Luke, someone was going to say it, or something similar… :smiley:

Glad you and Bertie are ok. Seasons greetings to you :smiley:

I think theres a chance you misunderstood what I was saying…

switchlogic:

Coffeeholic:

switchlogic:

My way of thinking as well. Couple of weeks ago in work someone asked me what was wrong with my hair, They seemed most put out when my answer was, “Nothing.” Apparently it looked like I had been sleeping in it, which of course I had. :open_mouth: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Then you can even take a pic if it’s one of those ‘wow I look fantastic’ days.

long time since I had one of those days

The anagram of Narcissism is Man’s Crisis

Manic Sir’s

oooh! seriousley clever stuff there Wheelnut :slight_smile:

Coffeeholic:
You’ve not driven a Volvo then?

Nope, I’ve driven one Iveco, one Daf and fifteen hundred Mercedeseses.
Perhaps someone with too much time on their hands could write a strongly worded email to Mercedes on my behalf? Wheelnut, step up man, look after your younger, good looking brethren.

With a handle like that why would you want to keep looking in a mirror ? :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

My old Foden had an interior mirror, was never a particularly attractive image in it though. :blush:

Pete.

Trev_H:
With a handle like that why would you want to keep looking in a mirror ? :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Good point. Perhaps you’d better not drive a Volvo after all SCF, don’t want you inadvertently scaring the ■■■■ out of yourself whilst driving! :wink:

gnasty gnome:

Trev_H:

Good point. Perhaps you’d better not drive a Volvo after all SCF, don’t want you inadvertently scaring the [zb] out of yourself whilst driving! :wink:

We’ve been over this before.

Where I come from (Sherwood Forest) there used to be a man who went by the name of Little John. He hung around with a dude named Robin Hood, you might have heard of him. Little John was actually a very big bar steward and could crush a man’s skull in one hand. Likewise, SmashedCrabFace is actually incredibly handsome and can make a lady wet herself from 300 yards.

SmashedCrabFace:
SmashedCrabFace is actually incredibly handsome and can make a lady wet herself from 300 yards.

With laughter, presumably… me duck! :wink:

( originally comes from Thurgarton)