All new cars to be fitted with speed limiter

Roymondo:
Wind-up windows? What modern sorcery is this? What’s wrong with good old sliding ones?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

They didn’t slide very well! :laughing:

remy:

albion:

merc0447:
. Soon you’ll not even be allowed to look at ■■■■ without registering our name, address and have ID. It’s all about control.

yougov.co.uk/topics/technology/ … their-pant

I like driving, being in control, the more that gets taken away the more my attention wanders. As far as I’m concerned the jury’s out on electric windows, nothing wrong with those wind up ones :wink:

There’s a little winder ■■■■ for you :wink: :wink:

May have to go for a little lie down now :wink:

albion:

Roymondo:
Wind-up windows? What modern sorcery is this? What’s wrong with good old sliding ones?

They didn’t slide very well! [emoji38]

A little lube can make things a bit smoother and easier :wink:

eagerbeaver:
We will all be wearing tags soon ffs.

Get to liverpool most are wearing tags

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Won’t happen in UK the government would lose too much in revenue from speeding tickets…

If this ever does happen (and I have my doubts to be honest) then it’ll be interesting to see how car drivers handle all being limited to the same speed.
After years of flapping their gums and telling lorry drivers they are a menace for trying to overtake because they have an extra 1mph and holding everyone up and that they should just sit behind the other vehicle, I wonder if they’ll follow their own opinion when they approach a car doing 69.5mph and they’re doing 70. I seriously doubt it somehow. They’ll be doing a 5 mile overtake
And despite what most say on here, more often than not if a slow hgv is overtaking another then the slower one will slow down a bit to let the other one in. Can you see your average selfish motorist who thinks only their journey is the important one doing that? I cant. They’ll all sit on the limiter and what will happen is you’ll have a dozen cars all tailgating each other.
Its a recipe for disaster and an ill thought out idea that is a product from years of getting the drip fed brainwashed masses to accept whatever they’re told to accept and who hear “its for your own safety” from their esteemed leaders and swallow it hook line and sinker.

eagerbeaver:
We will all be wearing tags soon ffs.

Yep.
Linked straight into your bank account.

Whoops
Just gone over 100% rda sat fats…lose 20 life credits.
Whoops
Just gone over my weekly limit for alcohol units…lose 50 life credits
Whoops
Just bust my daily limit of gender specific internet browsing…lose 25 life credits.

Btw…you only start with 100,000,and when they’re gone…you instantly vaporize.

Course…you will be able to buy more,via an in app purchase…but only the very rich will be able to afford them :frowning:

all a bit pointless anyway as it comes fitted but can be turned off.

edd1974:

For now.

The-Snowman:
If this ever does happen (and I have my doubts to be honest) then it’ll be interesting to see how car drivers handle all being limited to the same speed.
After years of flapping their gums and telling lorry drivers they are a menace for trying to overtake because they have an extra 1mph and holding everyone up and that they should just sit behind the other vehicle, I wonder if they’ll follow their own opinion when they approach a car doing 69.5mph and they’re doing 70. I seriously doubt it somehow. They’ll be doing a 5 mile overtake
And despite what most say on here, more often than not if a slow hgv is overtaking another then the slower one will slow down a bit to let the other one in. Can you see your average selfish motorist who thinks only their journey is the important one doing that? I cant. They’ll all sit on the limiter and what will happen is you’ll have a dozen cars all tailgating each other.
Its a recipe for disaster and an ill thought out idea that is a product from years of getting the drip fed brainwashed masses to accept whatever they’re told to accept and who hear “its for your own safety” from their esteemed leaders and swallow it hook line and sinker.

Does no-one pay any attention to what is actually being implemented? All the overtaking driver will have to do is to press a bit harder on his accelerator pedal to over-ride the limiter. If he doesn’t want to bother with it in the first place he will simply switch it off.

rearaxle:

edd1974:

For now.

^^^this, all of these things are voluntary/advisory etc till all of a sudden they ain’t.

Not as it matters to me, have no intention of buying any of this modern crap anyway.

Roymondo:
Does no-one pay any attention to what is actually being implemented? All the overtaking driver will have to do is to press a bit harder on his accelerator pedal to over-ride the limiter. If he doesn’t want to bother with it in the first place he will simply switch it off.

Do you understand how governments work and how they go about things?
Just now it can be switched off and a press of the accelerator will override it. Fast forward 5 or 6 years and some studies will have slowly been drip fed to the masses about the danger this still possesses and how the bad drivers are still causing death and destruction (usually with the tagline “children are being put in danger”) and the override will be outlawed. They never go full steam ahead. They bring it in slowly so no one notices, and even if they do notice they start their defense of it with “well we already have x anyway so what difference does Y make now?” and before you know it what was brought in originally is nothing like what it is now
If you think this new legislation will stop here youre being incredibly naive

In years to come the 2021 used cars will probably be worth loads more then the 2022 version. :laughing:

I should be OK for a while as my cars are 1982,1989,1994 and my newest 2000.

biggriffin:
Calm down. Fitted yes, they are also have an on and off switch, and if you floor it,they will be overridden.
It’s non-news to cover up Brexit

I should think it has more to do with covering up new copyright laws agreed by the EU, which have caused many concerns over freedom of speech, apparently there were large protest marches in many European cities over it and many online petitions, but very little coverage on normal media platforms.

This does trouble, it seems to be more control of the people by those in power, sort of get them used to being controlled and monitored and they’ll be more subservient to other controls we want to impose.

However on the other side a vehicle that won’t start until you give a breath sample I’m sure will save lives, a vehicle that responds to speed limit signs again might help those not concentrating , but then isn’t that the bigger problem, so many drivers seeminly distracted by other things not engaged in their driving, we keep getting the mantra that speed kills but what percentage of RTC’s are actually due to exceeding the posted limit and what are due to inappropriate speed or just bad driving where the speed makes the situation worse?

All cars as slowly becoming eletric.
So with the big heavy battery they have to carry around be lucky to get to 70mph loaded with suitcases and God help us when they start to tow a caravan with them

The-Snowman:

Roymondo:

Do you understand how governments work and how they go about things?
Just now it can be switched off and a press of the accelerator will override it. Fast forward 5 or 6 years and some studies will have slowly been drip fed to the masses about the danger this still possesses and how the bad drivers are still causing death and destruction (usually with the tagline “children are being put in danger”) and the override will be outlawed. They never go full steam ahead. They bring it in slowly so no one notices, and even if they do notice they start their defense of it with “well we already have x anyway so what difference does Y make now?” and before you know it what was brought in originally is nothing like what it is now
If you think this new legislation will stop here youre being incredibly naive

You are wasting your pixels Frozen chap.

Some on here have no clue mate, they think everything is a conspiracy ffs :unamused: As you have clearly demonstrated in your post, if something is already ’ in place ', then it can be ’ expanded ’ on…

I can see this working really well. We hired a Volvo (not my choice, bloody horrible thing) and it showed the speed limit on the dashboard. So we’re on a motorway with 20 lit up. Same thing the other way round as well. That wouldn’t cause any trouble would it.

muckles:
This does trouble, it seems to be more control of the people by those in power, sort of get them used to being controlled and monitored and they’ll be more subservient to other controls we want to impose.

However on the other side a vehicle that won’t start until you give a breath sample I’m sure will save lives, a vehicle that responds to speed limit signs again might help those not concentrating , but then isn’t that the bigger problem, so many drivers seeminly distracted by other things not engaged in their driving, we keep getting the mantra that speed kills but what percentage of RTC’s are actually due to exceeding the posted limit and what are due to inappropriate speed or just bad driving where the speed makes the situation worse?

This was discussed yesterday on an Irish radio station in 2017 excessive speed was a factor in the deaths of 20% of all road fatalities however on closer inspection of the figures the majority of those involved were under the speed limit and so were not driving to the conditions rather than breaking the speed limit which means that having limiters fitted would have made very little difference to the number of deaths

I can’t see it affecting my ‘fleet’ for some years… all too old or too slow to be within the legislation… I am usually the one with the queue behind me… :unamused:

Despite my reservations about cars with speed limiters, and I am not keen, can anyone even imagine if trucks weren’t limited nowadays? It is a hard thing to argue against.