All drivers should get cholestrol checked

went 4 my routine eye check a while back, the full examination, the optician looked behind my eyeballs as part of said test, and strongly advised i get my cholestrol level checked.still thinking about it , having read posts here, i m going 2 book an appointment , ta guys.

Some Statins affect the muscles and make them ache.

digicardrebel:
went 4 my routine eye check a while back, the full examination, the optician looked behind my eyeballs as part of said test, and strongly advised i get my cholestrol level checked.still thinking about it , having read posts here, i m going 2 book an appointment , ta guys.

I had the same type of eye test and was told the same so went for a test but it was only 5.7 so doc was happy with that.

had a full health check done at go and got all clear on cholesteral liver function kidney function blood cells all great been told am looking in great shape (on paper anyways) :laughing: :laughing:

yep eat healthy have done for a long time now but also have a health check every year due to the tablets I take

Had mine not long ago & all was fine

With all the pills and potions that I am on, everything runs like an old Detroit on Wynns additive :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
With all the pills and potions that I am on, everything runs like an old Detroit on Wynns additive :stuck_out_tongue:

Same here with all the stuff I take Dr does a check on me at least once a year as does my consultant

See now, my quacks don’t bother checking anything, despite prescribing most of the local pharmacy for me every month - I only see my consultant to get him to sign my licence off else they’d not bother with that, either. I think the general concensus is that I’m screwed whatever we do, only the rate at which I get screwed varies, and if I keel over a bit sooner thanks to the drugs it’ll save us all a bit of money!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
I am on 2 statins per day, but my mate got his eyes tested yesterday and they told him he had cholesterol. Not sure how they can tell

Several people I know have discovered health issues while they were in for an eye test Wheelnut. I wear glasses & because of that I have an eye test every two years. Thankfully my optician has never discovered anything during any of them.

I do think a lot of us, not only drivers either, could do with a bit more exercise though. My GP advised me to go swimming but as I can’t swim I reckon that could be bad news. It’s down to the individual at the end of the day but for me, I’ve started cycling & I hope that’ll keep me above ground a bit longer.

BB

I have an eye test every year & my optician ha not said anything as yet

I have a check every year due to some of the tablets I take just to see that all is ok

Most dish out Statins or Phenofibrates,some get bad side affects,muscle pain and so on,Benecol may help.
Find a local canal to cycle along.

I have created a poll about statins in the next post, please complete it if you are on them.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=89702

I have a blood tesst every year. Since I have become ill, strangely all my blood tests have come back as excellant, my sugars, my cholestrol etc. Live is strange at times! :confused:
I know what i want on my headstone when I go
“I knew I shouldn’t have eaten at THAT burger van!”

Simple blood test by the nurse,they also check liver function,as well as how much bad cholestrol is in the blood.Tryglcerides are the ones to watch,can lead to myacardial infartion or a stroke.Try`s should be at 0.1 to 1.5.Mine have been in the 12 mark,due to a thyroid disfunction.

We have a unhealthy Job and in Ausdtria is recomended to do once a Year a General Healthcheck.

mine was 7 when i had my heart attack it is now 2.9 with the help of a cholestrol tablet

I am on 2 statins per day, but my mate got his eyes tested yesterday and they told him he had cholesterol. Not sure how they can tell

wheel nut,may i join in. your eyes are your windows to your soul they can tell all.i to am on the old statins. but as drivers, not just us on this page but every one needs to correct there eating habbits,and im afraid we all need to exercise more on our 45 min brakes.

flapper:
wheel nut,may i join in. your eyes are your windows to your soul they can tell all.i to am on the old statins. but as drivers, not just us on this page but every one needs to correct there eating habbits,and im afraid we all need to exercise more on our 45 min brakes.

I agree, and the first way would be to make the statutory break an hour at least and remove mobile phones from cabs and put them in little red boxes at the side of the roads :stuck_out_tongue:

" hey " thats a good idea,and what about when we stop at a motorway service area,theres an area just for lorry drivers with calming music,good fresh food,comfy chairs,scantily clad women, :slight_smile: :wink: “oi wake up” sorry driffting of there.I also thought vosa had all been sacked :smiling_imp: any way where was i.But stranger things have happened,you never no,people power :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: or drivers at least.