All done

Hanging me keys up Wednesday, 48 years on the road is long enough. To much crap and big brother stuff nowdays.
Time to enjoy a bit of life without alarm clock. Happy days.

you’ll be back! :smiley:

Carryfast…thats what i think…i too looked forward to enjoy my twilight years…but here i am still earning my pocket money…and still enjoy it, at home and abroad. each to their own.

I did the same thing last year but coming back to driving again for my sins

Well I hope you enjoy your retirement and find things you enjoy that aren’t work related. :smiley:

We’ve had quite a few agency in our place who’ve retired. For some strange reason they can’t seem to leave it behind and just do the odd day a week to keep their hand in, or pocket money.

Enjoy retirement.

Cavey.

Remember if he started at 21 with 48 years in the job he is 69 ,I think he has earned his retirement and enjoys it .He has paid his dues and it is time to enjoy his time …

Captain Caveman 76:
We’ve had quite a few agency in our place who’ve retired. For some strange reason they can’t seem to leave it behind and just do the odd day a week to keep their hand in, or pocket money.

Enjoy retirement.

Cavey.

Some at our place just do a coupla days work a week too.
They do manage to spread it over Mon to Fri though.

Enjoy yourself Gezt.

gezt:
Hanging me keys up Wednesday, 48 years on the road is long enough. To much crap and big brother stuff nowdays.

Best of luck with it mate.
You have got a one over the younger drivers whereby you can recall the days pre ‘‘Big Brother’’ as you say, there are many who think all this sh is normal and know nothing else.
I aint as old as you but I can also remember those days the days before it was a ■■■■ rat race.
A lot of good men have gone because they refuse to put up with it all,…I have gone the other way and just tried to deal with all this crap in the best way possible for myself, and try and stay 1 step ahead of the wonkers who run the job…and I’m managing it. :sunglasses:
Enjoy your retirement mate. :wink:

gezt:

Happy retirement Getz but…you’ll be back :grimacing:
Four weeks off due to an injury and im bored out of my mind. Nice to have time off but found theres only so much you can do at home and all ive done to the truck each weekend is clean it. The road is calling… :wink:
I can relate to not having to get up at stupid oclock though…

Won’t be back, will drive a transit and that’s about it.

AndrewG:

gezt:

Four weeks off due to an injury and im bored out of my mind. Nice to have time off but found theres only so much you can do at home and all ive done to the truck each weekend is clean it. The road is calling… :wink:

I reckon if and when I eventually jack, and get ‘The road is calling’ vibe, I’ll be buying a camper and tour around Europe with the Mrs.

robroy:

AndrewG:

gezt:

I reckon if and when I eventually jack, and get ‘The road is calling’ vibe, I’ll be buying a camper and tour around Europe with the Mrs.

• 1( but obviously not with your missus)

I’m 70 now and officially retired at 66. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: I then did a bit of holiday relief for a pal of mine, which was about 8 weeks over two years. I now just do the odd shift, ( usually at a weekend) when things are busy and my pal is getting tight for his hours. It’s either a trailer change at Immingham, or a trip to Glasgow then back empty. It suits me and it’s a more revenue for him. With a plus that his customer knows he can get an urgent load covered at short notice.
I wasn’t going to renew my licence in Dec 2017 but greed got the better of me :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I’m still quite fit and the job I do is easy, so I will probably do it until the dcpc runs out in 2019. By then I will be 72 so I’ll give it up for good then. I think!! :imp: :imp: regards Kev. Ps good luck with your retirement.

Getz, I retired two weeks ago and I can promise I won’t be back.
It’s quite strange at the moment but a world has opened up in front of my eyes, I can do what I want when I want.
I’m going for a walk every other day almost and am really enjoying myself.
No more rushing between shifts and thinking to myself that I don’t have time for this or that, I do wish though it was a bit warmer.
Roll on summer one long holiday :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m 70 and retired early for health reasons, but just by reading this forum, I can honestly say that if we lived over there with all the crap with H&S and big brother, I’d never go back to it.

Good luck with your retirement Getz.

Suedehead:

robroy:

AndrewG:

gezt:

• 1( but obviously not with your missus)

+2 but alas with a wobble box for us :blush:

gezt:

I retired 7 years ago next August after 50 years on the road in one way or other,my licence still had 12 months to run. I decided if I could live on the money that was coming in without using it in the 1st 12 months then it was not being renewed.Never had the need so quids in no Medical or licence fees
Spain for January /February back in time for cars MOT in March and the start of fishing season and the last 4-5 games of the rugger season,then holiday in the UK after a “hectic” start to the year :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Enjoy your retirement no silly o`clocks,do what you want when you want,with permission from Her indoors :wink: :wink: