All agency drivers should read this

For once the Honest John site’s come up with something of value, that many of you may not be aware of.

It seems that insurance companies are getting a bit picky about work details; your Social, Domestic and Pleasure cover which the majority of you probably opt for may not cover you if you’re on agency and work at more than one site.

Apparently you’ll need Class One Business use which is either a cost-free option or minimal charge.

Worth checking up methinks.

That’s correct.

I rang up my insurance when I started having to go to different sites each day to start work.

Standard insurance, and the lower tier business policies, only cover you to a single place of work where you spend the majority of your time.

If you don’t have one, or if you start work at a different place more than 2 days in a 7 day period, then you need a full business policy.

Cost me another £400 a year on my policy :imp: but its what has to be done to be legal so nowt we can do about it.

Alex

so is this another way they can sc##w some more pennies out off the british public. Don’t see how they could tell though if you did work at more than one place they don’t ask for company info apart from job description?

steve07:
so is this another way they can sc##w some more pennies out off the british public. Don’t see how they could tell though if you did work at more than one place they don’t ask for company info apart from job description?

Exactly. Can’t see what all the fuss is about. If you have a prang you just tell them you were on your way to a mate’s house.

Rob K:

steve07:

Exactly. Can’t see what all the fuss is about. If you have a prang you just tell them you were on your way to a mate’s house.

FFS is this for real would anyone actually not do the above.?..do these people exist :open_mouth:

thecoder0:
FFS is this for real would anyone actually not do the above.?..do these people exist :open_mouth:

Yeah, I pay the premium like I said above… TWO agencies I am on the books of ask for proof of business cover insurance if you aren’t on a long term contract.

Just covering their backsides like everyone else these days. If I want to work for them I have to do it, they give good jobs and pay good money so the extra £400 a year isn’t a big deal.

Scarab:

thecoder0:

Yeah, I pay the premium like I said above… TWO agencies I am on the books of ask for proof of business cover insurance if you aren’t on a long term contract.

Just covering their backsides like everyone else these days. If I want to work for them I have to do it, they give good jobs and pay good money so the extra £400 a year isn’t a big deal.

Are you for real? WTF has it got to do with the agency what insurance cover you have on your car? Tell them to mind their own ■■■■■■■ business or use a proper agency.

I dont understand that either, how they could be covering their backsides.

How would they be liable for what you do whilst on your way to work, even if you dont have any car insurance at all, how would it fall back on them.

Rob K:

Scarab:

thecoder0:

Are you for real? WTF has it got to do with the agency what insurance cover you have on your car? Tell them to mind their own [zb] business or use a proper agency.

I agree with Rob on this if the agency were that bothered insist that they pay the difference or provide you with a fully expensed car.

On a slightly different note there are a lot of employers who ban key employees from using motorcycles as a mode of transport for insurance reasons.

I see where the insurers are coming from as regards the agency workers but think it is a slippery slope and would change my insurance company

I`ve had the multi location issue crop up on my domestic car insurance before, got charged an extra tenner for my honesty :unamused:

Rob K:

Scarab:

thecoder0:

Are you for real? WTF has it got to do with the agency what insurance cover you have on your car? Tell them to mind their own [zb] business or use a proper agency.

They employ me to work, I have to drive in my own car to the yard as part of that, they pay my mileage so yes its their business to make sure I’m covered.

I fail to see how that causes you such great pains.

dambuster:

pmsl :smiley:

Scarab:

Rob K:

Scarab:

thecoder0:

They employ me to work, I have to drive in my own car to the yard as part of that, they pay my mileage so yes its their business to make sure I’m covered.

I fail to see how that causes you such great pains.

Right I see. You’re one of the ones that claims the extra £2.50 per year for your own car mileage allowance. :unamused:

When you become a proper agency driver :wink: you’ll realise that there are far better ways to make your money up. :smiley:

Rob K:

I’m with Rob on this one.

I don’t see what business it is of the agency,as to wether your car has insurance or not.The same goes for anyone who is employed by a company.

It’s only a matter for the Police,and no-one else.

Ken.

Quinny:

Rob K:

I’m with Rob on this one.

I don’t see what business it is of the agency,as to wether your car has insurance or not.

It’s simply down to the fact they are paying him mileage, if they aren’t then I agree it is none of their business. It’s probably something to do with H M Revenue as I imagine the payments aren’t taxed. The only thing I would make sure is the amount being paid includes an element for the extra insurance costs.

's alright Coffee! He understands why now, he just won’t back down!

Yeah Rob, that extra £2.50 eh? I believe all mileage for business is standard rate isn’t it, like minimum wage, 40p I’m being paid, per mile. Silly be for accepting that extra £36 a day this week!

Ok so I only worked 4 days but that’s an extra £144 per week, and of course that’s just not worth having is it…

:unamused:

Scarab:
's alright Coffee! He understands why now, he just won’t back down!

Yeah Rob, that extra £2.50 eh? I believe all mileage for business is standard rate isn’t it, like minimum wage, 40p I’m being paid, per mile. Silly be for accepting that extra £36 a day this week!

Ok so I only worked 4 days but that’s an extra £144 per week, and of course that’s just not worth having is it…

:unamused:

Well if you’re seriously doing a 90 mile round trip every day to go to an agency job then you need your ■■■■■■■ head examining. :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused:

Ha ha! look at that! he looses on one topic so tries another! Perhaps next time eh Rob?