Alex Lester

Apparently the BBC are to remove Alex Lester from the 0200-0500 slot on R2 and instead will broadcast repeats of other programmes.
I, for one, am not happy about this.
Anyone have any thoughts on this proposed change?

Thats a crime,why not remove fat “up her own arse” feltz instead

Usually only catch the tail end of his show but I am a big fan and he’s much better than Fatty Feltz.

Let’s get a petition up to save the Dork Lard.

Sacrilidge!

Looks like radio going same way as tv,all repeats!

More news about whats going on at night .

bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latest … t-schedule

If this is true i’d be in favour of petitioning.

Night workers are license fee payers too & thus deserve some decent live programming. In the grand scheme of things Alex Lester’s salary won’t be breaking the bank and his show has provided entertainment to night workers & been much loved in the UK for decades.

fingermissing:
More news about whats going on at night .

bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latest … t-schedule

Wonder what their idea of Radio 2’s ‘best loved programmes’ are to be repeated 3am-5am?

Graham Norton? Paul o’Grady? Jo Whiley? Elaine Paige? Jesus…

Oh Christ. What an almighty balls up.

Petition absolutely 1000% required.

Dark Lord is about the only thing that makes my early starts tolerable.

Who knows how to set up an online petition then ?

On fb search the best time of the day show, or go to change.org where there is a petition.
Sorry but don’t seem to know how to paste any links.

The link
change.org/en-GB/petitions/b … e_petition

Why stop there?

If Radio 2 are finally getting rid of some of the drivel that purports to be entertainment, they might as well carry on by getting rid of the ginger [zb] and bringing back Lord Wogan. Then get rid of the sanctimonious Vomit-Inducing-Non-Entity and the " ooh look at me, I’m from London" [zb] that follows him.Then finish off by bringing back the sainted Johnnie Walker.

And that’s why I listen to cd’s.

The Alex Lester, best time of the day show, is hardly big budget stuff, but to a lot of us night drivers it is “our” show. To lose it just shows how much the beeb actually thinks about its audience. Richard Allinson is also pushed out. FFS do you want a repeat of a show you didn’t want to hear in the first place. Come on folks…

Don’t know what all the fuss is about. I’ve tuned in to R2 a few times when he’s been on and he’s dull as [zb] and talks too much. You want to listen to music not some old [zb] wittering on about nothing in particular. That bint who is on before him is even worse and that incessant gutter laugh she has makes my skin crawl. Up this way the only alternatives are R1, Capital, Classic and Heart (RIP Real Radio) and a myriad of equally dull local BBC stations so that might be something to do with why so many of you rave about his “show”. :unamused:

I think once unlimited internet usage because more mainstream and affordable on phones that commercial over-the-air stations will rapidly cease to exist as more and more people “tune in” to the near-infinite number of excellent internet radio channels.

Face book group Iink in my sig

Sorry to see the Dork Lard moved, and I’ve not been a regular listener to his show since I changed jobs 9 1/2 years ago! We shift workers are very protective of one of our ‘own’, and rightly so.
I wonder if Alex fancied a change when it was ‘offered’? He’s done that slot now for a very long time, especially in radio terms. Good luck to him, thank you and God bless I say - and thanks for all the laughs!

I can’t believe we’ll have to listen to repeats. Isn’t that what the iPlayer they keep raving about, is for?

This is just downright wrong! Radio was always supposed to be a live media so sticking repeats on isnt really moving forward. I agree with the deposing of veltz… but I would like Sara Cox on the air instead.

The bbc have lost there way completly. Get rid of vine, feltz, wrighty as they are all crap