Alex Lester Radio 2 Moving to weekends.

Hi there all.

this is my 1st post so hope you dont mind me posting this.

As many of you no doubt know but Radio 2 are moving Alex Lester from Weekdays to weekends from Oct and putting repeats of daytimes shows in his place between 3am-5am.

they claim they have to make savings and they seem to think that doing what they plan to do will save them lots which i doubt very much.

now as many of you listen to him while you are running up and down the UK in your trucks i would hope that you can support out facebook group in changing the BBC,s mind.

our group has already main it into the Sunday express and we other newspapers will also take it up.

so can i please ask you if you can like the facebook group and also sign the Petition please.

Together we can stop the BBC from moving the best uk night time show.

the links are

facebook.com/savethebesttimeofthedayshow

change.org/en-GB/petitions/b … e_petition

I thankyou for taking the time to read.

We have already been discussing it

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=114503

macc2014:

I love when people make comments like this.
Power to the people. :wink:

Rentadent:

macc2014:

I love when people make comments like this.
Power to the people. :wink:

Up the TPF, Wolfie !

What!!! I have just moved shifts so I can listen to Alex (well I did think that was bonus to changing shifts).

wasting your time, there was a campaign to keep Dev on radio 1 early breakfast but he still got moved to weekends (all part of the beebs big plans to make him next weekday presenter)

they wont listen :unamused:

stuartrobbie:
wasting your time, there was a campaign to keep Dev on radio 1 early breakfast but he still got moved to weekends (all part of the beebs big plans to make him next weekday presenter)

they wont listen :unamused:

Yeah but Dev was/is crap!

That’s a shame about Alex Lester - I have warmed to R2 nightime listening in recent years, having been a nightime Driver for 10+. R2 is good listening after about 9pm; before that I stick with R4. Steve Wright is the one on R2 that should be retired imo. I hope Janice Long manages to weather the storm though…

sdg1970:
Steve Wright is the one on R2 that should be retired imo.

+1

trubster:

sdg1970:
Steve Wright is the one on R2 that should be retired imo.

+1

His big show format aint changed much from the his early radio1 days, it,s now stale, boring and past it. Replace it with alex lester from 12 till 5.