Alex Anderson's new New FH

Can be seen here

truckingtopics.co.uk/andersonnewfh.html

Nice, but when are they going to give these guys a remote 5th wheel uncoupler?? All that lifting & dropping trailers would do my head in! They’re in Thornbridge every day & I break out in a sweat just watching them. :laughing:

Almost 20 years after it took delivery of the first example of then new Volvo FH in the UK, Boness woodchip haulier, Alex Anderson put the first of the replacement models to reach the UK

Am a bit confused with the above comment there is a plain white low cab Fh that does the rounds at truckfest that has a sign in the Window that says it was the first in the UK■■?

Fallmonk:
Almost 20 years after it took delivery of the first example of then new Volvo FH in the UK, Boness woodchip haulier, Alex Anderson put the first of the replacement models to reach the UK

Am a bit confused with the above comment there is a plain white low cab Fh that does the rounds at truckfest that has a sign in the Window that says it was the first in the UK■■?

could it be the first example of the FH for the company?

not necessarily the first in the UK

But if you read what it says it quotes
First in UK !
Prob just a typo or as you say should say first in service with the Co or possibly 1st in Scotland ?

spotted his new fh at truckfest, looked brilliant , only problem was it was parked right at the back of the show ground near the the back fence. so not to easy to spot

Looks awful even in Andersons livery so doubt it will ever look nice.

Volvo say both it, and the Anderson FH original version were the first of their kind with an operator in the UK.

Presumably the various demo/show trucks are the first examples to land in the UK, but they don’t go to work with customers until they’ve done the various shows/demos etc.

I used to drive the first series 1 FH “the pink panther” as it was affectionately known :slight_smile:

gazzad:

are you joking? it looks great in their colours. there were a couple of others at truckfest looked smart - a silver irish Fh16/750 was especially good

kevchalluk:

gazzad:

are you joking? it looks great in their colours. there were a couple of others at truckfest looked smart - a silver irish Fh16/750 was especially good

this?

I think its stunning, credit to RoyalMailMan for the photo :laughing:

yeah that’s the one. proper nice

I can’t help thinking the grille looks like some thing off a kiddies Hot Wheels toy

My pics from Truckfest

I wasn’t a fan of the look of the thing at all …but it looks better in those operators’ liveries…thy’ve each managed to do something to hide what I first thought was a disguise kit between the main grille and the windscreen.

a couple more here

isnt andersons one the first in scotland

scotstrucker:
isnt andersons one the first in scotland

1st one in the UK

volvotrucks.com/trucks/uk-ma … ubid=15645

They are a cracking fleet