Alert professional drivers?

Phoned alert professional drivers in Leicester the other day only to have them bs me over the phone for about 10 minutes.
They have a vacancy advertised in suffolk, £10 per hr, nights out etc, i rang them up and the bloke goes:
‘Oh yes we are a totally professional agency, bringing back professionalism to the uk haulage industry as it’s been missing for a fair few years’
We put all our drivers through ocrs courses to get them all up to speed with the very latest legislation as that’s what our clients demand’
We’re all professional drivers and even some of the girls in the office are ex drivers so can sympathise if you ring up and have a truck problem’.
sounds to good to be true doesn’t it :exclamation:
‘I’m going to send you the relevant coursework for your ocrs induction, and i might ring you later with some work tomorrow for the rest of the week, this job being weekly bookings with nights out all week.’
Good because that’s what i’m looking for; go away monday come back friday or saturday ‘ok that’s fine’.
Start checking email for correspondence to print off and send back as requested but nothing, still nothing next morning so ring up and ask if they’ve got the right email address, ■■■■■■■ phone say’s that chap i spoke to is out of office at moment but will ring e back in the next ten minutes, nothing happens and still nothing in inbox this morning:!:

I mean where do these jokers come from, is there some sought of generic genetic disorder that you have to have to be a agency worker :question:
Do you have an uncontrollable urge to sprout horns and spew forth ■■■■■■■■ if you have a few spair minutes.

Alert professional drivers in leicester, if your local go round their and get a bag of stuff for you roses or rubarb :exclamation:

An agency that promises the world but then fails to deliver?!

How shocking!

I never expect anything else of agencies and have yet to be disappointed!
Just go with the flow, if you can’t speak to that guy again directly, then speak with whoever answers the phone, they all do the same job anyway.

Good luck!

Alex

Could this actually be the most boring post off all time?
Well done lads, Really good quality chat…

have YOU done the OCRS anyone? robk, any chance you could tell me what that is? :confused:

is it me or does Nip Truck sound very much the same as Rob K ?

Nip Truck:
Could this actually be the most boring post off all time?
Well done lads, Really good quality chat…

you could always ■■■■ off to here…

they will right up your street. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

You knew that wouldn’t stay. K

Come on Boys, Ask me something difficult at least…
The Operator Compliance Risk Score system (OCRS) developed by VOSA is a way of assigning goods and passenger vehicle operators a rating that allows enforcement officers to identify which vehicles are most likely to be non-compliant.
Ur status depends on a roadworthiness score and a traffic enforcement score!!
Walk in the park…

We’re all in the gutter but some of us are lookin up skirts lads!!

just checked out com motor, seems alert are’nt an agency. seem to have a good write up with comm motor. :open_mouth:

Hi blueisland, :open_mouth: Blimey mate, you beat me to it. I was going to say that. :grimacing:

I remember reading that article in Commercial Motor . I say good luck to 'em. :smiley:

dieseldave:
Hi blueisland, :open_mouth: Blimey mate, you beat me to it. I was going to say that. :grimacing:

I remember reading that article in Commercial Motor . I say good luck to 'em. :smiley:

So why are they advertising a job in Suffolk and quoting a rate? :confused:

blueisland:
just checked out com motor, seems alert are’nt an agency. seem to have a good write up with comm motor. :open_mouth:

Perhaps com motor are all gullible ■■■■■ that believed all the bs and didn’t test it out :bulb:

I mean i could say i’m on a personell crusade to bring professionalism back to driving and have booked myself a ocrs course, and i suppose if i wrote to them they would believe me to :smiley:

Maye i’ll write to com motor and tell them of my experience with these dreamers and not to print crap in the future :bulb:

Mikejk:

blueisland:

Maye i’ll write to com motor and tell them of my experience with these dreamers and not to print crap in the future :bulb:

You wont need to, I think they will have already seen it :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

Mikejk:

blueisland:

You wont need to, I think they will have already seen it :smiley:

Good, because i just googled them and found absolutely sod all, apart from how to subscribe :exclamation: , you have to laugh at the irony :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

dieseldave:

So why are they advertising a job in Suffolk and quoting a rate? :confused:

Beats me Malc. :grimacing:

All I can say is that I definitely saw the article in Commercial Motor, probably within the last month.
IIRC,The article covered two full pages, but as to how/why they’re “advertising a job in Suffolk and quoting a rate,” I have no idea.

I entered their phone number into google 0116 2610166 and apparently they do lgv training (as well as spreading manure), could the advert have been some vain attempt to promote their business as it’s costs nothing to advertise on the job centre plus website :bulb:

I am quite surprised Rog hasn’t been on to bang his tambourine about this.

It was after all he who invited the boss to TruckNet… It was he who alerted us that Instructorone worked for Alert.

alertlgvtraining.co.uk/index.html

might be stating the obvious but it says on their website that they are a recruitment agency also. Just thought i would throw in my 2pence worth

Wheel Nut wrote:

I am quite surprised Rog hasn’t been on to bang his tambourine about this.

It was after all he who invited the boss to TruckNet… It was he who alerted us that Instructorone worked for Alert.

I do not work for ALERT so it would be innapropriate for me to answer on their, or anyone else’s behalf
I have pointed many in the direction of this site and it is up to them as to whether they join or post but I don’t remember sending out ‘invitations’ though
:cry: :cry: :cry: …and my tambourine is broke… :cry: :cry: :cry: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

alertlgvtraining.co.uk/index.html

That wasn’t chris roe was it, was he wearing his jokers outfit their to :question:

Bump :unamused: