Alert lgv training

Just seen an ad on the job centre site for HGV drivers for depots nationwide.
They say they are looking for all types of drivers from powder tanks to European trampers.
There was no company name on the advert just a phone number, when I googled the number it came up with Alerts web site.
Does anyone know who they are? Are they agency or ate they conning the system?

It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.
Paaaaarrrrrrttttttttyyyyyyyy

Sounds like a dodgy trainer trying to sell his business by promising jobs that aren’t really there.

There are a lot of con ads out there right now, advertising jobs already advertised by agencies all over the place.

Usually it’s a come-on to get you to train up as a new driver, or join this particular agency because they’ve got work not available at other agencies.

Both bullcrap, but the former has the potential to do a lot more damage than the latter, as it involves parting with money (usually around £1000) and when you look into it, the “depots” are never named, no contact at any workplace is given, even the names of clients are not given. It’s all “implied” and nothing more than lifting ads from other websites, then pretending that “their” firm has exlusive access to such work. It doesn’t.

The second point with regards to agencies overstating themselves is commonplace, and an ongoing lie they like to perpetuate:-

Eg. “Tesco creates 10,000 jobs. Would you like one obtainable through OUR agency?”

It’s more like 200 shifts a week advertised on 50 different agencies. NO single full time job actually exists, or even that many shifts. It’s multiplied up by being advertised all over the place that’s all. It’s a common lie, but not illegal, and therefore common agency practice to overstate their vacancies, thus encouraging new blood to sign up. :frowning:

Firms asking for MONEY however are crooks pure and simple. NEVER send money to a place you cannot visit, have not visited, and the end workplace is unknown as well. “Blogg’s LGV driving school 01632 321789” is NOT a place to send your money. A place with a yard you can go to is, so look for one of those and book any courses required direct with the firm actually giving you the “training”, be it ADR or getting a LGV licence in the first place. :sunglasses:

Doesn’t sound all that dodgy or unusual to me as a lot of the firms I know that do driver training have a recruitment agency side to their business as well and some of those are reputable training companies.
That sounds like what this company is doing and that’s how they present themselves on their website as well:
alertlgvtraining.co.uk/recru … vices.html

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
They say they are looking for all types of drivers from powder tanks to European trampers.
There was no company name on the advert just a phone number, when I googled the number it came up with Alerts web site.

Threads HERE and HERE about them including details of some of the absolute ■■■■■■■■ they come out with with regards to their claims of work available and the companies they work with.

I would say best not to be approached even with the longest barge pole available, just another in a long line of these people.

Coffeeholic:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

Threads HERE and HERE about them including details of some of the absolute ■■■■■■■■ they come out with with regards to their claims of work available and the companies they work with.

I would say best not to be approached even with the longest barge pole available, just another in a long line of these people.

Thanks for posting that coffee, I was thinking of firms like J Coates and Apex (peterborough) in my previous post who also dabble in recruitment. Was considering ringing alert myself as I’d like to do a bit of continental work.

No intentions of contacting them, just wondering why they would be using Dunbar as a town, apart from the cement works there it is not renowned for transport. Anyway the bulk of the cement from Dunbar is transported by train as they have their own railhead there.
Thought it sounded dodgy

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?panwnq
It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.
Paaaaarrrrrrttttttttyyyyyyyy

They were advertising in the job centre just this last week for work around Spalding for international trampers and tankers drivers too.

They had this advertised in my local area as well:

Job No:

PEJ/29404
SOC Code:

Wage

£550 Per Week
Hours

5 over 7 / 6 over 7
KIRKBY STEPHEN, ■■■■■■■ CA17
Duration

Permanent
Date posted

06 March 2012
Pension details

No details held
Description

Professional LGV class CE and C required for depots throughout the United kingdom. Bulk Tanker Drivers, International Drivers, Container Drivers, Taut liners, Flat beds, and ADR. Must have no ore than 6 points on license. Nights, days, UK tramping and EU tramping 550 per week Monday to Friday. Saturday and Sunday overtime.
How to apply

You can apply for this job by telephoning 0116 2795116 and asking for James Cross.
Employer

Alert Professional LGV Training Ltd

Exactly the same advert but that’s a Leicester number 0116 2.

LGV “training” firms that are also agencies represent putting the wolf in charge of the sheep in my book, and represent a clear and present conflict of interest.

Anyone on here even heard of a mate’s mate in a pub somewhere that’s bagged one of those £35k full time jobs we keep hearing about?
:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Coffeeholic:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

Take it from me, follow Coffee`s advice.