ALE

What do the initials ALE represent in the world of heavy haulage?

ale-heavylift.com/

Abnormal Load Engineering. They are local to me Stafford. Hixon based.

Express Pete:

Thats a questions in a truck magazine to win a competition ,you cheat you :wink: :laughing:

BEER rather than Lager :smiley:

Seth - sssssshhhhhhhh[WINKING FACE][WINKING FACE][WINKING FACE]

Express Pete:
Seth - sssssshhhhhhhh[WINKING FACE][WINKING FACE][WINKING FACE]

Its ok pal,i was gunna ask the question but thought id get busted[like you have],so i googled it instead :wink:

Got my tickets (via email today) [emoji6]

Express Pete:
Got my tickets (via email today) [emoji6]

Nice one pal ,i gave the magazine away and forgot all about it :blush: :unamused: whats the tickets for :question:

Two tickets to truckfest (there was 100 pairs up for grabs)

Express Pete:
Two tickets to truckfest (there was 100 pairs up for grabs)

What was the first prize :question:

I tkt for truckfest

Express Pete:

Abnormal Load Engineering. They do ultra-heavy haulage for the power industry in particular, often using front and back tractor units and girder frame trailers with something like 20 axles. I think Allely’s is just about their only competitor, although they do smaller jobs as well - ALE only do the really heavy stuff.

I had an ALE rig come past my house once, transporting a Hyosung (?) Industries super grid transformer from Tilbury to the substation off New Kent Road in London. It had a MAN tractor and a FAUN 3-axle Koloss at the back. They had to come right round the M25 to junction 10, up the A3 to the Elephant and Castle, then down to the substation. I took loads of pictures of it both in my area and at the Elephant and one of the truckers’ mags said they’d print them, but they asked me to write 200 words on it and I could only muster 100 or so, as I couldn’t get enough info out of ALE.