ALE Heavylift

F924 TBF

J71 WRE

JHZ 1770

BX09 AZG

P547 HNT

Q82 AWW

SPMT

Cracking pic’s there Rob, i heard that they have got an Oshkosh the same as the British and American force’s use. Them Fauns look the buisness!

Theres one in Abu Dhabi, when Alstom bought the Unipower the also inquired about purchasing the Oshkosh rival, but was way over price.

bit of a long shot rob, seen your lot last friday morning on the a50 in the abnormal load bay wonderin was it you ?

Yeah that was me, on our way to Goole docks.

robv8:
Yeah that was me, on our way to Goole docks.

i was goin to give yas a beep but there was another wagon coming beside me !!

robv8:
Q82 AWW

great pics mate… :sunglasses:
can you tell us a bit about the cab that is attached to the rear of that trailer… wot is it…?

is that for the steering of the trailer…? can you take some pics of that please…?

Hello,

can you tell me what this is for a truck?

Just looks like a TATRA truck for me :question: But this would be very unusual :question:

Regards

Franz

To the questions of the cabine: Maybe it is an old MAN F 8 cabine, they had such oval windows on the back of the short cabine versions!

man-tga:

robv8:
Q82 AWW

can you tell us a bit about the cab that is attached to the rear of that trailer… wot is it…?

is that for the steering of the trailer…? can you take some pics of that please…?

Your right, controls for steering, suspension, brakes. No idea what manufacture it is but it came from Baldwins when we bought the AK912.

franzneufra:
Hello,

can you tell me what this is for a truck?

Just looks like a TATRA truck for me :question: But this would be very unusual :question:

Regards

Franz

To the questions of the cabine: Maybe it is an old MAN F 8 cabine, they had such oval windows on the back of the short cabine versions!

It is a Unipower 8x8, previously a prototype tank transporter.

Thanks for posting these Rob
The one someone thought was a Tatra is a Unipower - prototype tank transporter for the British Army. Built by ex-Scammell guys. Alstom bought it, refurished it and then ALE bought Alstom’s transport division. It has about 750Hp
Tim

… thanks guys!

The trailer of the unipower in military livery looks like the M 1000 trailer, that is being used in the us and uk army.

I think the Uk one´s were build by KING trailers with components of DOLL Oppenau/ Germany.

http://www.doll-oppenau.com/deu/20_produkte/s_20_40_50.htm#Bausaetze

regards

Franz

The trailer the Unipower pulled was a Nicolas, ironic that it would later pull Nicolas modular trailers instead.

robv8:

man-tga:

robv8:
Q82 AWW

Your right, controls for steering, suspension, brakes. No idea what manufacture it is but it came from Baldwins when we bought the AK912.

hello,

thanks for the infos about the trailer.
To the vehicle on the pic of the end: this is, as I thought, a MAN F 8 cab, the short version of delivery trucks for example.
The Bumper ist from FAUN, I´m 90 % sure, cause this one is also used on he Elefant:
panzerbaer.de/helper/bw_sazgm_slt-a.htm
Maybe the rest is also a FAUN crane chassis.

regards
Franz

Great pictures of a really interesting firm, but what the ■■■■ are those plastic frisbie wheel trims doing on that 09 MAN someone needs to hang for them!!!

Fly sheet