Aldi

Just been looking around and Aldi are advertising for drivers out of Swindon, anybody give any info. on pay rates ?

Warehouse lads are on £10ph at Swindon, you wouldn’t expect a driver to be on less surely.
Scania trucks :confused:, fairly new trailers, self load, self tip, keys and alarm number at store, re load cardboard and pallets and trays, tip back at depot.

If your looking in Swindon are Iceland taking on aswell. Talking to Aldi drivers out of Atherstone they load tip back to the yard reload then back out again, 2 or 3 trips a day.

Are they still opening a place near barnsley :question: :question:

Daytrunker:
If your looking in Swindon are Iceland taking on aswell. Talking to Aldi drivers out of Atherstone they load tip back to the yard reload then back out again, 2 or 3 trips a day.

Thats warehouse work with a bit of driving now and again :cry: :cry: :cry:

Daytrunker:

Atherstone do 2-3 loads a day BUT they are local no big distance stuff

seth 70:

Yes - due to open in about 12 months time, I think.
They already have a small outstation type operation based in a yard in Barnsley, run from the Darlington RDC traffic office. :wink:

Deesider:

seth 70:

They already have a small outstation type operation based in a yard in Barnsley, run from the Darlington RDC traffic office. :wink:

Two lads from our place left to go their and only lasted a few week ,way too much work involved for them both and neither are work shy :frowning: :frowning:

ashton gate:
Just been looking around and Aldi are advertising for drivers out of Swindon, anybody give any info. on pay rates ?

I’ve just checked my P60 form which covers Tax year April 13 to April 14 - £30,700.

That’s on days, average (in my case,) 196 hours per month. Just had the annual pay rise from the 1st of Feb., now £12.55 per hour, up from £12.15 p.h. for the previous 12 months.

5 days on, 3 days off. New starters may get a couple of quid less p.h. for the first year - I can’t remember, I’ve been with them that long, - 8 yrs. :laughing:

Night shift drivers are currently on about £15.summat an hour, I think…

(* I am based at a different RDC - Neston, but I’m certain that the pay and conditions are the same all over the country.)

• Drivers who cannot manage to operate an electric pallet truck, and past posts on here suggest there are quite a lot who can’t (or won’t), need not bother to apply… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I am based at a different RDC - Neston…

Is that the only distribution centre in the north west ?

Thanks

The gas man:
I am based at a different RDC - Neston…

Is that the only distribution centre in the north west ?

Thanks

There is one at Stakehill Ind. Estate, Middleton, (Manchester) at the moment, but that will close in a couple of years when the new larger RDC opens- ( near to junction 4 of the M61, Farnworth, Bolton.)

:slight_smile:

Deesider:

seth 70:

I understand its due to open this august ,its near Goldthorpe.

Swindon was always temp to perm on agency. When you fill form in you get a call from agency.
Have to double man nights for the first 6 weeks too.

skipman:

Deesider:

seth 70:

OOOOOOOOOTF ,Goldthorpe is a propper dive ,armpit of the north :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

skipman:

Deesider:

seth 70:

I’m sure they are running some motors from Doncaster from that place next to freightliner…
I was always led to believe aldi was a good job if you could get on.

Hi can anyone tell me if Aldi are taking on at Atherstone , And any contacts I can get in touch with. Thanks.