Aldi

hi all just passed my assessment at aldi, just got to do 4 days training then good to go, anybody done aldi store deliveries is the work ok ? I know you have to open store yourself and pull pallets off but pay seems good

Topcat1522:
hi all just passed my assessment at aldi, just got to do 4 days training then good to go, anybody done aldi store deliveries is the work ok ? I know you have to open store yourself and pull pallets off but pay seems good

Yes, I have.

You have done the assesment, and presumably the interview, and didn’t ask them what the job entails?? Anyway.

Most access to the loading bays is through the carpark, and blindside reverse. Much fun in the daytime, when shoppers are using that same carpark. Also good fun at night, in the dark, especially when it rains.
The store staff are oveworked, and usually have an attitude problem. That gets worse when you point out to them that they should have cleared the area by the loading door of rubbish/pallets, that they should have sorted the returns properly…
Management works on a blame culture. If they don’t find somebody to blame for something, those higher up give them grief, because they can’t have done their job properly.

And whatever you do, do not work an extra shift as overtime…
They equal your hours over the month, to keep you below 170 or so hours, because overtime only starts OVER 170 or so hours total for the month. So that 8 hour shift at the beginning of the month, will be countered by a few short days towards the end of the month. You have just worked an extra day, for nowt.

I don’t think you load your fitrst run of the shift these days, but you empty the trailer of returns etc at the end, and you do reload yourself if you have a second run.

Enjoy.

Well done…

For getting in.

From what I’ve read on here, it varies from store to store. Some will be an absolute doddle and others will be a nightmare. The most frequent complaint being little to no room at the store to tip any of your stuff off. Some of their drivers have been there years and that’s always a good sign.