Aldi

Just a quick one, do Aldi rdcs use terberg tugs for shunting trailers? Thanks

bakerboy67:

The majority of RDC’S in the country and any companies big enough or busy enough to warrant a tug use terberg tugs.

If not busy enough some places may use a unit for shunting duties instead. But using a unit is a rare occurrence.

There are a few other types of tugs around but again very few and far between.

Thanks simcor

bakerboy67:

i think no so much.There most drivers come to work ,load trailer and go,back to yard and load again .

Probably not much if Any. All the Aldi RDC I’ve been to have been self Tip. Didn’t see any myself

Asad_uk:
Probably not much if Any. All the Aldi RDC I’ve been to have been self Tip. Didn’t see any myself

A Google view of Aldi Neston shows a tug in the yard so I assumed that most of them would need them same as Neston. Seems a bit odd for large rdc’s to only rely on drivers dropping them and removing them from the bays.

Neston Goldthorpe and one in Wales all 3 have tug on site as shown on the Google satellite View.

Most interesting thread ever

Suedehead:

It isn’t meant to be an interesting thread. A user asked a question and has got various answers.

Why bother commenting if your adding nothing to the thread?

simcor:

Suedehead:

It isn’t meant to be an interesting thread. A user asked a question and has got various answers.

How do you know what inflection Suedhead was using? It’s possible he has found it interesting maybe because he’s not seen tugs at Aldi RDCs having not visited for a while.

Wiretwister:

simcor:

Suedehead:

How do you know what inflection Suedhead was using? It’s possible he has found it interesting maybe because he’s not seen tugs at Aldi RDCs having not visited for a while.

I’d say it’s pretty obvious the inference being used tbh.

If i never visit an RDC ever again it will be too soon. Sorry if i have caused any offence to tug lovers, it was not intentional.

Suedehead:
If i never visit an RDC ever again it will be too soon. Sorry if i have caused any offence to tug lovers, it was not intentional.

Well that’s something we can agree on the RDC’S are crap that’s for sure when they really don’t need to be.

It isn’t about being a tug lover, the OP poster asked a question presumably because they want to apply to work at an Aldi RDC as a Shunter at a guess hence the question.

I did a quick Google check of a particular aldi site as I don’t often go to Aldi RDC’S and can’t ever remember seeing tugs there myself. It took all of 2 mins, after other posters suggested they were unlikely to have tugs on site to have a quick look to confirm or dismiss.

Suedehead:

I must admit I do love a tug :wink: :wink:

Uncleskid:

Suedehead:

I must admit I do love a tug :wink: :wink:

Boom boom very good. [emoji23] Are you here all week?

Suedehead:

+1 :laughing:

However in the spirit of the thread I was in Aldi Atherstone earlier and they use Kalmar tugs.

It always…

Appears to me that have no tugs at any depot.

None of the bays are ever empty and if they are, the ramp will buggered.