aldi neston

Hi anyone worked for above and do they take on newbies and wot are they like to work for cheers.

Don’t know about Neston but I like occasional work for Aldi.

You have to unload yourself and load the lorry yourself but that becomes quite good fun after the first few disasters of spilling pallets of pepsi all over the trailer. You get quicker at doing it.

The only bit that scares me a bit is reversing through an aldi car park when it’s busy.

I found the other drivers very helpful and the managers at the RDC pretty helpful as well.

Loading the truck yourself is 1 thing but are the pallets not even properly wrapped

LostSomeWhere:
Loading the truck yourself is 1 thing but are the pallets not even properly wrapped

They give you rolls of clingfilm and I quickly learnt to add loads to any dodgy looking ones.

They will have u making up the pallet next

It’s a good job, different from the normal trunking, container, general work.
If you want to just drive a truck it’s not for you, we do load & sometimes put extra wrap on pallets but on the whole it’s an easy number. No pressure and no one on your back checking where you are, just come in get job load & go, although more trailers are being loaded for you now as they are trying to keep hours around 10/11 a day.
It’s probably 50/50 driving, warehouse work, especially when at stores putting pallets away, but keeps you moving instead of sitting on your ■■■■ at a RDC. Money’s is probably best in the supermarket business & Aldi are going places more stores planned for 2015.
It’s not to everyone’s taste, but when I’m earning £37k+ and not breaking into a sweat each day I’m happy!

Thanks for info.

I’m at Chelmsford RDC, but most depots operate similar.

I think they are one of the few bigger decent companies who will take on newbies if you apply direct to them. You will have to have an assessment but if you are safe they will take you on reversing gets easier the more you do so dont be put off.Their training is second to none you do right by them they will do right by you they want people for the long haul as the Guvnor says Aldi are going places.