ALDI NAZIS

Are they still hot on this? I’m heading to Neston this afternoon for an 18.00 tip. Can I arrive early and park on site or is it controlled strictly? Cheers [CLINKING BEER MUGS]

Ive been to Neston recently. Saw signs about not parking nearby but there was a bunch of lorries parked inside the depot on the hard standing waiting for bays. I took a 30 min after pulling off the bay. No one said anything, saw lots others do it. Friendly enough staff inside. They tip you, you take wrapping off. Just came straight up the A540 from the motorway. Seems like its the posh side of the Wirral with all the nimbys. They must cause the hassle.

merc0447:
What right does a private company have to dictate parking arrangements outside their land. Excuse me if im mistaken is this not a local council matter? If parking is a issue for local residents then it should fall to the council to bring in measures not some dictatorship of a private company. If truck companies did stick together and all loads got rejected because of parking- Aldi would go out of business.

+1…end of.none of aldi business.its not their property and none of their business,theyre just trying to suckup so ensure there planning permission dosent go ■■■■ up when its up for renewal…asda falkirk try the same with the adjacent ind estate there.but its not their land,and none of their business.if they blacklist you,then its not yor fault assuming you have legally parked up.

similar to certain traits in mercedes cars,then aldi and lidl just like to remind us that they didnt take kindly to losing twice… :slight_smile:

stringy:
What Aldi are saying may seem extreme but it’s not Aldi imposing the restrictions it’s the local council, Aldi struggled to get permission to use the old Marconi site because of local opposition to HGV’s, eventually it was allowed but weight restrictions went up all over the place.

On almost a weekly basis letters are written into local papers complaining about trucks (mainly foreign) parking on small business forecourts and car parks for sometimes days and when they leave the area looks like gypsies have spent a month there.

You don’t have to comply with the request but I could see Aldi refusing to allow your company to service them before being forced to close, so it’s a case of being reasonable or lose business.

I was going to say similar,i expect they are getting it in the neck from nimbys and others ,and possible threats of court action if they allow lorries within their area,but having said that they should learn to be more cooperative and compromise with haulage companies,after all they are aldis bread and butter

Harry Monk:
I don’t deliver there, so if I need to park anywhere in that part of the world, I am going to make a point of parking as close to their RDC as it is possible to get.

got to be done :grimacing: even go out of my way for that one :laughing:

no double yellows up to there gate house :laughing:

Holy Thread Revival Batman!!!

6 years must be some kind of record

But there’s nobody on the gate anymore. Bays are always empty when I go (mainly Sundays I must admit) nobody appears to be arsed if you parked up and took a break.

I deliver to Neston, usually on a Friday afternoon (usually booked for 6pm). Usually get there for about 3, check with them if they can take it early - 50% of the time they will, the other times I just park up opposite the bays and hit the bunk, with no problems.

Had a tip at darlington today, booked for 0400, got there at 0630 ( thanks to a service in Ipswich being booked for yesterday pm). Went in, apologised for being late, guy said no probs, pull the pallets out of the trailer and we’ll put them away for you! In and out in 30 minutes. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Recently (last couple of months) Aldi seem to have gone very nicey nicey!

Chelmsford have gone the same as you said about Neston - helping tip and just all round being friendly - makes me feel suspicious. Ha

I used to hate Chelmsford with a passion when delivering ambient, due to the arrogant prick on goods in. These days its specials, and I get the young girl, who is always fine, and you can usually have a crack with.

Tipped 30 mins early. Friendly staff on the desk, and plenty of room. I was surprised!

Ive just done Aldi at Neston.

Got the shock of my life when I handed my truck keys in and was given a small key in return. Its my first time at this place and I assumed the ’ key ’ was for the docking ramp controller.

" No mate. Its for the electric pallet truck so you can unload yourself". WTF!!!

No checks made if I knew what I was doing or anything! [zb]hole. I was there for bloody ages too.

eagerbeaver:

Got the shock of my life when I handed my truck keys in and was given a small key in return. Its my first time at this place and I assumed the ’ key ’ was for the docking ramp controller.

" No mate. Its for the electric pallet truck so you can unload yourself". WTF!!!

No checks made if I knew what I was doing or anything! [zb]hole. I was there for bloody ages too.

just out of curiosity,and seeing as lidl is the same,and irespective of what you sigh to the contrary,what happens if you 1…wreck your legs,2 wreck someone elses legs,or 3,wreck goods,or property belonging to the ■■■■ store owners?

Completely agree with the dog that aint petrol.

As it happens,i know what im doing with the old electric pallet truck,as im sure most of my esteemed colleagues on here do.

Good shout though,what IS the comeback if I were to ’ mis-control ’ the thing and hurt someone or damage stock?

Aldi ain’t ■■■■’s far from it.They are just trying to play the game and run a successful business in this politically corrupt bullshine country.
Aldi are really keen to expand and the success of this expansion will depend on keeping the corrupt politicians at all levels but especially local council planning committees happy. Local politicians are even more self serving than MP’s so Aldi are probably trying to be proactive in trying to stop local politicians gripes before they become major issues that impact on the business.
In chelmsford the drivers are instructed not to use a certain road from the A120 back to the depot even though the route is quicker, shorter and therefore beneficial to Aldi as a business to use not because it is unsuitable or weight limited but just to stop some self serving self important local politician from moaning about heavy vehicles passing his house.

i used to load juice out of mulrines in ballybofey co donegal,and they started giving you the electric ones that you stand on the back of instead of loading you themselfs.( they went like stink)…seeing as you waited for ages for them to do you,then once they started that,there was no point gobbing off about h&s,or the “i havent been inducted,trained or whatever excuse”, as 1 it was donegal,and 2 it was a nfl subbie i was driving for,i just had a go at trying to load the trailer flatout on the button of the thing…3 out of 4 wrecked pallets later,then its ffs driver your wrecking all your load…well its not my fault ive got trigger thumbs and arthritis in me wrists.i told you not to get me to load it,im doing my best here…happy days all round after that and back to normal with me in the bed till i was loaded.they did kick up a stink between nfl and the subbie,but i still didnt go driving a truck around their warehouse as i dont work for them,same as i dont work for lidl etc…just because they lost 2 wars dosent mean i need to work in their warehouse and do their job for them.the back of the trailer rule works 2 ways. i reckon if someone wrecks themselfs,then there has to be a good negligence claim in there for someone.

eagerbeaver:

would not bother me as I have already done it,and you don’t have to wait for someone to unload you

eagerbeaver:
Good shout though,what IS the comeback if I were to ’ mis-control ’ the thing and hurt someone or damage stock?

I’ve thought this myself, but Aldi & Lidl have been doing this from Day 1 as far as i’m aware both here and in other countries and clearly the number of incidents has been negligible, otherwise they surely wouldn’t do it. Maybe we are all just brainwashed by this modern day H&S obsessed world of risk assessments & arse covering we now live in, thus we can’t get our head around actually being allowed to compute completing a simple task on our own? A pallet truck is not rocket science to operate.

Fair comment Rob. Its more the bollocking im bothered about if stock is damaged. If someone is stupid enough to be within a couple of metres of a person operating MHE,then hey ho.

Has anyone delivered to Aldi/Lidl on the European mainland?

Probably a MMTM but I’ve been told they tip you like a regular RDC and its only
UK/Eire that it’s self tip.