Aldi/lidl deliveries

Evening all. A question has arose in me head that i need answering.
I was at an aldi distribution centre in the early hours of this morning and i noticed a strange happening.
Now i would like to point out, i don’t do many aldi/lidl deliveries. In fact this was only me 2nd this year.
Anyway less of the chat. Whilst unloading me self, i came to notice that there are now double length electric hand trucks for the drivers to use and also noticed that all the drivers that were in vision of me bay (5 in total) that when they were unloading they were sorting the goods into product order before placing them into the lanes. Is this a new thing that is being asked of us now or is it an OCD happening?

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Some of them want you to stack the product together so that it is easier for them to count it, and also for the flt lads to marshal it into the correct area.

If you ask them, they will let you clean the floor, pick some orders and load their trucks too. Thin end of the wedge if you ask me :neutral_face:

They totally take the proverbial. Each depot has their own rules. Bloody ridiculous. I also don’t do many but the last one I did they wanted me to cut and strip the banding off each pallet when in the rows and take and pile up near the wall. I compromised and just cut the bands and let them fall.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

I got barred from Aldi for refusing to restack the pallets.
Hasnt had quite the devestating effect on me they thought it would! :laughing:

One product one pallet,its supposedly to cut out the pallet splitting before going into the racking.
Suppliers don`t like sending out part pallets because it increases their transport costs.
Argos used to have the same sort of ruling with their suppliers.
Invariably the Driver takes the flack being the man on the front line.

I would like to point out, that i wasn’t asked to do what the others were doing and if i had of been asked, the goods would of gone back on the trailer and taken back to the supplier. I don’t work for aldi/lidl would of been my response if asked and if they don’t like it, they could tip it themselves. But on the whole the delivery was the most relaxing delivery I’ve probably ever done, and that included a pallet restack after 1 pallet fell over because the wrap got stuck to another pallet and it pulled it over.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Seen it done before, never done it myself or been asked to but I have had dirty looks from the plebs plenty of times for what I can only assume is pallets being mixed up, not regimentally straight or whatever.

Wouldn’t be doing it either if asked, don’t mind a self tip, that’s as far as it goes.

A.

My first time at Lidl Bridgend a good few years back, tipped most of the trailer and they TOLD me I had to reorganise the pallets into product group. Didn’t happen and they took a long time to check the crap while I had a nice sleep on the bunk, gutted was I.

I’ve got four frozen mixed pallets for Aldi Cardiff in the morning. If they go back on my trailer I’ll let you know. :wink: