Aldi drivers

Hi does anyone work or have worked for aldi just wondering what it’s like and what the money is like I know it’s 5on 3off and you have to load and tip your self

Put Aldi in the search box and you will get all the replies to all Aldi topics and then trawl through til you find the info you want.

some love it, some hate it, some dont mind it

Theres been that many posts about aldi drivers on here i reckon i could do a run with no maps ,no instructions ,no induction and know what the shifts are and how much i would get paid :unamused: :unamused:

Anyone know how you get into ALDI Atherstone, is it through agency only?

seth 70:
Theres been that many posts about aldi drivers on here i reckon i could do a run with no maps ,no instructions ,no induction and know what the shifts are and how much i would get paid :unamused: :unamused:

No idea :blush: :blush:

seth 70:

With the best truck nav to hand, a correctly fitted cb in the cab, employed through an agency as a ltd company… :smiling_imp:

I’m working for Aldi via agency, been there 4 months now, easy enough if you take your time, I’m only working part time 3/4 days a week on 0400 starts so truck is loaded for 1st run, then self tip at store return self load & off you go! I’m on £12 p/hr & £14 if I want a Sunday.
Mate just gone on temp to perm on 10.30am start shift, again he’s enjoying it, it’s not hard work, can be a longish day 13/14 hours sometime but that’s not the norm now as they are trying to cut hours down to 11/12 per shift, your just left alone to get on with it no one chasing you all day!!!
Lots of stores are blind side loading bays, but the volvos have rear & side windows so no real problems.
Chelmsford depot are expanding and are after 20+ full time drivers right now money between £35/40k, need to go through agency as they are main supplier.

Fenster:

Flex recruitment, Hinckley. 01455 613322

Fenster:

Why not look at their website under Careers and apply online ■■

I applied through the ALDI website and heard nothing, but keep seeing the ads at Flex for 20+ drivers. Don’t want to leave a half decent job to take a chance on agency.

Fenster:

Could try the front gate :smiley: :smiley:

knight2:

Fenster:

Could try the front gate :smiley: :smiley:

Don’t bother or ringing them, the sort on the switch board will incredulously be taken a back that you have dared to approach them & will tell you to write a letter introducing yourself.

Scotland is through NAS Recruitment in Livingston.

Fenster:
I applied through the ALDI website and heard nothing, but keep seeing the ads at Flex for 20+ drivers. Don’t want to leave a half decent job to take a chance on agency.

I’m the same. I’ve applied for the Middleton depot (soon to be Farnworth I believe) on several occasions through both the website & via letter and heard nothing, yet they do seem to be taking on. Given that the other 3 places I have applied speculatively for in the last 4/5 months have contacted us for an assessment, it does beg the question whether they are even looking at them, my CV can’t look that bad! CBA with the agency route.

Is aldi a decent company to work for !!!

In answer to your question I’d say yes Aldi are ok to work for, your pretty much left to get on with it, no one on your back all the time chasing! Been here 4 months now and pretty easy work to be honest.

Our local store looks a bit of a nightmare in the day time when the cars are parked straight in front of the bay,surprised they don’t cone the car bays off when a truck is due too come in

dozy:
Our local store looks a bit of a nightmare in the day time when the cars are parked straight in front of the bay,surprised they don’t cone the car bays off when a truck is due too come in

When delivering milk to them, I got to one of the stores one morning and their wagon was on the bay. If I hadn’t have been there the Aldi driver would have been completed blocked in because when the store opened at 10am (Sunday) the masses piled in & because the car parks so small, it wasn’t long before people were resorting to abandoning them in daft places. I could see what was unfolding from where I was parked & ended up having to play parking warden & clear people off so he had space to get out & me in, otherwise we’d both have been there all day. Amazing what authority a high vis gives you. I swore I’d never be on those people that plays the authority figure, usually the act of bell ends, but needs must. I imagine if the Aldi wagon hadn’t have been there, cars would have been parked in the bay, such is the mindset of so many people.

Generally though I think the stores where you need the car park spaces to manoeuvre get done at night. The newer ones seem to be fairly well thought out in regard to access, not all though.

dozy:

I know a Screwfix driver and he reckons that even if you ask the staff at the branches to cone off the loading area (which you are supposed to do) it’s a waste of time as people will just drive through the cones and park in the loading area.

They either don’t understand, don’t care, or both. Probably both.