Aldi drivers

I drove past an Aldi the other day (honestly can’t remember which one now) but I was going slow an had a good look into it and with the car park almost full of cars there was zero chance you’d get an artic round it and onto the loading bay. Id say you wouldn’t even get a rigid round either. If you reversed in off the main road you might have a chance of getting onto the bay that way, but would have been a bit dodgy doing that with out a banks man. Ie wouldn’t look very good on Aldi having the trucks doing that just with the position of it all.

Are some stores only services over night or the very first drop in a day shift so that they can be done out of store opening hours?

I’ve seen a couple of others before where I’ve thought yeah at night that’s no problem, but in the day you’ve got no chance if the car park is full.

OVLOV JAY:
They think they own the road, carve you up, don’t use indicators, generally drive like useless tossers.

Oh wait, you said Aldi drivers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nothing different to how some people drive,its not just Aldi

truckman020:

bald bloke:
What you have to drive through the car park to get to the loading bay !! Surely not .

same as some Iceland stores [so I heard]if that’s the case it would be a bxxxxy nightmare

And tesco - the “metro” stores and lots of express stores. And yes at busy times it is a nightmare.
I’ve seen YouTube videos of Aldi store setup and it’s terrible - blind side reverse off a busy store car park with no assistance.

Judging from some off the comments about Aldi access points,there are some Drivers who can and do and a fair few Drovers who cant and need acres of space. It cant be that difficult as they have 2-3 different wagons a day going in with frozen ambient milk loads.

lolipop:
Judging from some off the comments about Aldi access points,there are some Drivers who can and do and a fair few Drovers who cant and need acres of space. It cant be that difficult as they have 2-3 different wagons a day going in with frozen ambient milk loads.

It’s not difficult it’s just dangerous and badly planned. Not to mention customers that park their cars where they are not supposed to(clearly signposted), making it that bit worse if you can’t take the approach you need to to get onto the bay.

Garns_:

truckman020:

bald bloke:
What you have to drive through the car park to get to the loading bay !! Surely not .

same as some Iceland stores [so I heard]if that’s the case it would be a bxxxxy nightmare

And tesco - the “metro” stores and lots of express stores. And yes at busy times it is a nightmare.
I’ve seen YouTube videos of Aldi store setup and it’s terrible - blind side reverse off a busy store car park with no assistance.

What metro stores are you on about??

Yeah you have to go into the car park at some express stores but what’s a nightmare about it?? You turn up at the store, tell them you are here and let them clear the car park and drive or reverse in when it’s clear, nothing nightmare about that. To my knowledge theres no stores where you have to drive through a car park.

selby newcomer:

Garns_:

truckman020:

bald bloke:

Yeah you have to go into the car park at some express stores but what’s a nightmare about it?? You turn up at the store, tell them you are here and let them clear the car park and drive or reverse in when it’s clear, nothing nightmare about that. To my knowledge theres no stores where you have to drive through a car park.

Greenford metro and Collier Row metro off the top of my head

Good shout on Greenford, I’ve not done that for a long while, it’s an easy one though, I park at the top of the service road and get the shop staff out to be another pair of eyes as I back onto the bay, Collier Row I don’t think we do out of Reading, Dagenham way ain’t it??

Yeah I used to do it out of Harlow. It’s not entirely in the car park, just that the car park extends down to the manoeuvring area. Usually have to wait for a car or two to get moved

selby newcomer:

Garns_:

truckman020:

bald bloke:

As said Greenford metro springs to mind.
Regularly go to expresses where there’s no where to legally park and you have to chase staff around to sort it all out, and when there’s another lorry there it’s a pain but what can you do!

Why worry about some where legal to park, as long as it’s not on Zig Zags you don’t pay the fine

selby newcomer:
Why worry about some where legal to park, as long as it’s not on Zig Zags you don’t pay the fine

Okay bro you know best

Garns_:

selby newcomer:

Okay bro you know best

Crack on and keep making things hard for yourself, goodluck finding the top paid job with the perfect start time and your own shiny unit to go with it :laughing:

selby newcomer:

Garns_:

selby newcomer:

Okay bro you know best

Crack on and keep making things hard for yourself, goodluck finding the top paid job with the perfect start time and your own shiny unit to go with it :laughing:

Will do

bald bloke:

Surely yes, I admire the parience of thr Aldi drivers, especially at the Cambridge branch, which is where I shop. They swing in there, usually to be confronted by all these turds on castors bimbling about. Often times they park in or obstructing the loading bay, or the area they need to swing in. Its at least85% of the time an absolute nightmare.

I delivered (on the milk) to the Wrexham Plas Coch branch a few Christmas’s ago. Jesus, what an experience that was.

It was a Sunday just before Christmas Day, I turned up at about 9am and there was an Aldi wagon on the bay. Parked out of the way and waited, as opening came along at 10am the car park was getting full very quickly and by 10.15 people were starting to make up their own spaces & encroach on the space needed for wagons to manoeuvre. Thankfully I was in a rigid that day & seeing what was going to happen, I repositioned myself into the space in front of the bay to guard some space for the Aldi artic to get out afterwards.

When he was finished, I moved out of the way, he cleared off (just about) & I backed onto the bay & quickly wheeled some empty flower trolleys out of the fire exit and into the car park in some attempt to guard the space. Of course, I came out 20 minutes later & found the flower trolleys had been moved and I was totally blocked in by cars. :unamused: 90 minutes later after much arguing with the public as I guarded spaces after people left, I managed to get out. As I was driving out, I noticed someone then park on the loading bay ramp :unamused: I then saw another Aldi artic coming down the road towards the store - goodness knows how the poor sod got on!

rob22888:
I delivered (on the milk) to the Wrexham Plas Coch branch a few Christmas’s ago. Jesus, what an experience that was.

It was a Sunday just before Christmas Day, I turned up at about 9am and there was an Aldi wagon on the bay. Parked out of the way and waited, as opening came along at 10am the car park was getting full very quickly and by 10.15 people were starting to make up their own spaces & encroach on the space needed for wagons to manoeuvre. Thankfully I was in a rigid that day & seeing what was going to happen, I repositioned myself into the space in front of the bay to guard some space for the Aldi artic to get out afterwards.

When he was finished, I moved out of the way, he cleared off (just about) & I backed onto the bay & quickly wheeled some empty flower trolleys out of the fire exit and into the car park in some attempt to guard the space. Of course, I came out 20 minutes later & found the flower trolleys had been moved and I was totally blocked in by cars. :unamused: 90 minutes later after much arguing with the public as I guarded spaces after people left, I managed to get out. As I was driving out, I noticed someone then park on the loading bay ramp :unamused: I then saw another Aldi artic coming down the road towards the store - goodness knows how the poor sod got on!

Why do this job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRAX - To be honest, if it wasn’t so weekend heavy i’d probably go and work for Aldi as they have a depot 20 mins from my house. The story I told was a really bad example, but mostly you can get artics in & out of them stores without too much issue if your half good at maneuvering. If you can’t get on the bay because some tossers blocked it, all you have to do is sit & wait. Yes, your in the way of everybody but it’s usually the muppet who blocked you in who gets all the evils when they sheepishly return to their car.

New rdc just been started off j1 a50 ( tamworth road)

DRAX:

rob22888:

Why do this job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Course there’s no carrots to pick?