ALDI drivers

Anyone work for them?

Seems to be a fairly decent overall package from what they advertise. They say it’s 40 hours per week but is that just your contracted hours and you always end up doing loads more?

Definitely interests me working for these but just hoping someone from the “inside” can shed light on what they are like to work for.

Thanks

Do you work for channel 4s dispatches ? :grimacing:

Just watching Aldi prog. on CH4 now.
Bloody disgraceful…no wonder they’re so cheap :angry:

Haha. Yeah reading my question back I admit it does sound a bit like that doesn’t it!

I drove for Aldi about 15 years ago. Was actually working for Howard Tennens, only wearing Aldi branded uniform. Money good, but overtime calculated over 4 week period (over 200 hours was overtime rate). Of course after running you ragged over three weeks, week four would be “quiet”… :angry:
Basic wagons, but very well maintained. Load your own wagon. Unload on your own, in empty store (I did nights) . didn’t work Saturday nights then, because Aldi didn’t open on Sunday then.

Yeah I drive for them. Pay is good and decent pay rises job is not difficult, yes you load yourself sometimes and unload yourself but it’s all electric pallet trucks. You generally get between 40 and 45 hours, but when you consider the amount other drivers have to work to earn about the same and I get home every day can’t complain. Not a big turn over of drivers so that says a lot.

liddl n aldi liddl n aldi liddl n aldi D :smiley: …all togeather now… :grimacing:

Baggie:

What went on in the stores shown,is down to the store managers and stock assistance not doing their jobs properly
Aldi lay down the rules and its up to the managers to carry them out,you can bet when they get a visit from higher management everything will as it should be.
No different to any other companies

If its anything like the stores you’ll be working like a dog, they are opening a DC in Cardiff soon just 15 minutes from my house and I won’t even consider it.

The stores are like jumble sales, they have trouble keeping the stores stocked and their seems to be rubbish and food all over the floor.

As with all things in life you get what you pay for.

If you want to earn proper money without mugging yourself work direct for one of the big 4.

How does the pay work out. Seen the ad on their website. Just says £11 odd to £15 odd with no mention of how you get the £15 rate.

Do you get an enhanced rate after so many hours. At weekends etc?

Ten years ago I worked in one of the Rugby stores, handed in my notice after three months. Hated it. They expected me to chase after shoplifters, I don’t think so. I was’nt even a security guard FFS. The scrotes could have had knives etc

Baggie:

+1

mike68:
If you want to earn proper money without mugging yourself work direct for one of the big 4.

Id rather work for Aldi than your lot lol

Dakota:
Ten years ago I worked in one of the Rugby stores, handed in my notice after three months. Hated it. They expected me to chase after shoplifters, I don’t think so. I was’nt even a security guard FFS. The scrotes could have had knives etc

What has working in an Aldi store got to do with driving from an Aldi RDC ■■?

mike68:
If its anything like the stores you’ll be working like a dog, they are opening a DC in Cardiff soon just 15 minutes from my house and I won’t even consider it.

The stores are like jumble sales, they have trouble keeping the stores stocked and their seems to be rubbish and food all over the floor.

Like Tesco? I saw the pay rates for Dagenham. That wasn’t proper money lol

mozzy666:
liddl n aldi liddl n aldi liddl n aldi D :smiley: …all togeather now… :grimacing:

youtu.be/_7jVLp-n9ww

mike68:

If you would have read to OP, you would have realised that the OP asked opinions from drivers. Not shelf stackers.

A tad off topic, but I haven’t done an Aldi tip in a while, but I now believe that they’re now sealing trailers up on exit, as while they’re so busy spending so long checking off what you bring in, they hadn’t noticed that certain undesirables were helping themselves to a few pallets of gear that appeared to be “just lying about”

I actually find that really amusing.

Personally, I can’t say that I’d want a single unit of most of the stuff they sell, let alone a pallet of it, but their self tip policy would appear to have shot them in the arse. If they had staff, you know, like everywhere else, you’d never have to set foot in their poxy warehouses.

What goes around comes around, etc etc etc, serves you right for bombing our chippys blah blah blah