ALDI drivers pay

Hi, so on the ALDI recruitment site it gives a range of pay for drivers jobs. The specific one I’m looking at is nights at Middleton which says £13.77-£15.63 per hour. Does anyone here work for ALDI that knows what that range means? Ie does it mean 13.77 for so many hours, then 15.63 for over time? Or does it mean starting on 13.77 then after a qualifying period rising to 15.63 for all hours worked?

I know you have to load and unload yourself working for these and probably spend less than half your time driving, but if you can get round that it’s not a bad wage!

Rowley010:
Hi, so on the ALDI recruitment site it gives a range of pay for drivers jobs. The specific one I’m looking at is nights at Middleton which says £13.77-£15.63 per hour. Does anyone here work for ALDI that knows what that range means? Ie does it mean 13.77 for so many hours, then 15.63 for over time? Or does it mean starting on 13.77 then after a qualifying period rising to 15.63 for all hours worked?

I know you have to load and unload yourself working for these and probably spend less than half your time driving, but if you can get round that it’s not a bad wage!

I’m led to believe the lower rate is what you start on the pen get higher after qypualifying period.
If it wasn’t so many weekends you had to work I’d be applying to the goldthorpe depot,but the shift pattern wouldn’t suit me I’m afraid

How many are you expected to work? Is it every other one or it more than that?

Rowley010:
How many are you expected to work? Is it every other one or it more than that?

Think when I looked in to it you worked 5 days on 3 days off ,so it’s quite a few.

yorkshire terrier:
Think when I looked in to it you worked 5 days on 3 days off

That’s the correct shift pattern.

Yeah that is a lot of weekends. It’s 2 full weekends off in 8 weeks, working 4 full weekends, and then 2 weekends with one day in and one day off. I take it she shifts must be 10 hours per day then because they say it’s 40 hours per week, but with 5 on 3 off you end up working 4 days (Sunday to Sunday) most weeks. Am I right in thinking that? Because if it was 8 hour shifts you wouldn’t get your 40 hours in.

Mansfield Group
Heavy Recovery Technician/ Roadside Technician - Southern Region. We are always looking for high calibre candidates in all of our geographical areas. Please enquire for more details.
Responsibilities include:- attending heavy recovery incidents, and safely and professionally recovering the casualty vehicle. The ideal candidate will have:- a class 1 licence - strong communication skills with the ability to work under pressure - a smart and professional appearance - flexibility to work on a shift system - preferably have CPC entitlement.

Immigrant:
Mansfield Group
Heavy Recovery Technician/ Roadside Technician - Southern Region. We are always looking for high calibre candidates in all of our geographical areas. Please enquire for more details.
Responsibilities include:- attending heavy recovery incidents, and safely and professionally recovering the casualty vehicle. The ideal candidate will have:- a class 1 licence - strong communication skills with the ability to work under pressure - a smart and professional appearance - flexibility to work on a shift system - preferably have CPC entitlement.

Nice one, OP asks about Aldi and ends up with a cut and paste recovery job advert…

NickW88:
Nice one, OP asks about Aldi and ends up with a cut and paste recovery job advert…

Perhaps Darrel Mansfield only recovers ALDI’s vehicles nowadays? :wink: There is always a good reason behind Immigrants posts…though we may struggle to find it :confused:

Pete.

windrush:

NickW88:

Perhaps Darrel Mansfield only recovers ALDI’s vehicles nowadays? :wink: There is always a good reason behind Immigrants posts…though we may struggle to find it :confused:

Pete.

Normally 1 too many bison grass I expect haha!

Rowley010:
Yeah that is a lot of weekends. It’s 2 full weekends off in 8 weeks, working 4 full weekends, and then 2 weekends with one day in and one day off. I take it she shifts must be 10 hours per day then because they say it’s 40 hours per week, but with 5 on 3 off you end up working 4 days (Sunday to Sunday) most weeks. Am I right in thinking that? Because if it was 8 hour shifts you wouldn’t get your 40 hours in.

I didn’t look any further in to it to be honest as the pattern didn’t suit.
I do delivered to Aldi and I see there drivers loading up their own trailers,I don’t seem a bad job with a bit of graft involved but like I say it would just mess up my family time.

NickW88:

windrush:

NickW88:

Pete.

Normally 1 too many bison grass I expect haha!

If you’re talking about vodka I’ve got a 1l bottle. :smiley:

Edit: I didn’t realise they actually had their own deliveries. I can see the bay for the local ALDI from the window, and there’s all sorts in there, plain trucks, Fowler Welch, HSF. Never actually seen a truck with ALDI written on it.

Sharing’s caring lol

Not so long ago most Aldi jobs were advertised as 4on4off. Now all I see is 5on3off.

Way to screw a decent job up. What’s the benefits to the company for this pattern?

Lad left our spot not long back to do work at Goldthorpe. Pretty sure he works a 4 on, 2 off rota.

Immigrant:
Mansfield Group

Irritant has accidently learned how to cut and paste whilst trying to enter a destination in the laptop he uses as his satnav. And like any other child, he wants to show everybody how clever he thinks he is.

Immigrant:
Mansfield Group

WTF?

Ken.