Aldi Bathgate

Hi Folks :smiley:

I heard a while back that DHL took over or were taking over Aldi at Bathgate… Anyone know if it’s true or if it has happened?

Done a search all I could find was complaints about having to tip yourself at Aldi RDC’s :smiley: :laughing:

Thanks Guys :grimacing:

I find that highly unlikely. Aldi as we all know is self tip. It’s one of the things that keeps the prices in their stores as low as they are. DHL probably wouldn’t allow self tipping on elf and safety grounds. They would need to hire more RDC staff to cope. For that reason alone, I can’t see DHL managing to do the distribution cheaper than what aldi do for themselves just now. I might be wrong though. It has been known.[emoji3]

damoq:
I find that highly unlikely. Aldi as we all know is self tip. It’s one of the things that keeps the prices in their stores as low as they are. DHL probably wouldn’t allow self tipping on elf and safety grounds. They would need to hire more RDC staff to cope. For that reason alone, I can’t see DHL managing to do the distribution cheaper than what aldi do for themselves just now. I might be wrong though. It has been known.[emoji3]

DHL are doing LIDL work, seen some DHL in LIDL stores in midland

damoq:

Well if there is one thing I’ve learned… when the “Customer” tell DHL to do something it gets done, Elf and ShaftMe or no Elf and ShaftMe or maybe that is just where I work lol

The story I was told was DHL is loosing B&Q but gaining Aldi

G6Bob:

damoq:

Well if there is one thing I’ve learned… when the “Customer” tell DHL to do something it gets done, Elf and ShaftMe or no Elf and ShaftMe or maybe that is just where I work lol

The story I was told was DHL is loosing B&Q but gaining Aldi

I believe they have already lost B&Q cambuslang to Norbert’s or XPO as they are now known.

Yeah it was a while ago I heard it, I knew they lost B&Q, just wondering if the Adli side was true :confused:

I could imagine DHL having a 6 hour induction before outside contractors could be allowed in to tip their own trailers :grimacing:

DHL is a zb co & Scotland is a zb hole…!

Can`t see it myself as Aldi at Atherstone RDC is in house and has been for years now

Pimpdaddy:

Well you’re half right :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been looking at there motors, not got DHL stickers on them and they don’t seem to be limited to 52

lolipop:
Can`t see it myself as Aldi at Atherstone RDC is in house and has been for years now

Well fingers crossed then. Is it a well ran site?

G6Bob:

Pimpdaddy:

Well you’re half right :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been looking at there motors, not got DHL stickers on them and they don’t seem to be limited to 52

Its generally yellow= >52, white=54+, still a zb outfit to deal with, & their obsession with infringements, all because of the monkeys they employ.