Alcohol

Passed a truck this morning M1 S/B at j26 I looked over I swear he was supping a bottle of wine. I slowed down to get another look and yeah I reckon he was so phones the plod up just as were passing trowell services expect a cop car to come racing out to stop this truck! I gave reg make/model and company name
She asked me my name and address and that was it.
Followed this truck all the way down until I come off for the A42/M42 he carried on on the M1. Never saw any cops or anything!! Waste of time that was eh!?

each to their own i suppose…was it a Chardonnay or a Chablis :laughing:

It was one of them small one glass and a bit bottles, it was a screw top so it was probably cheap crap

Young_AL:
It was one of them small one glass and a bit bottles, it was a screw top so it was probably cheap crap

Good stuff still comes in those small bottles especially on the plane.

It wasn’t that small haha, I reckon he got it out of back of his truck it was a supermarket wagon

Probably a bottle of posh water or juice you berk!! Probably caused an innocent driver a whole load of hassle with your interfering. People like you are a menace to society.

Maybe, but maybe it was a wine bottle who knows? It’s better to be safe than sorry

“Officer, I’d like to report a truck driver. He keeps baring his backside when other truckers pass. I think he may have been drinking…” :unamused:

Unless the guy was driving erratically, or was obviously under the influence, I don’t think I would have called it in. You won’t be popular if you get an innocent guy a hour behind his schedule and their employers on their back. From a legal perspective, it is only when a driver is over the dd limit that any offence is committed.

Was it a foreign truck?He may have an energy drink or juice in the bottle or cold coffee.
I was not there to see what you saw,so just adding a comment to the post.
Some Eastern European energy drinks look like beer cans.I know you saw a wine bottle.
Did he appear under the influence while driving?
Some driver fill empty Coke cans with booze,and wet the whistle while driving.
In the 90’s most drivers came on or off ferries over the limit.
The bar at Portsmouth ferry port was known for a pre-trip drink up.
Nothing was said back then.
Then you have the Rouitiers in France.Lunch time two jugs of wine,six course lunch.Break for 3 hours,sleep then use the wire or fuse to crack on to Macon.

Could’ve been Driver Tizer from the night before. Y’know, recycle and all that :wink:

Good job you weren’t driving in Italy in the 80’s / 90’s, you’d never be off your phone!

He would be under the limit with those mini wine bottles.If you stay over at a truckstop,many drivers have a pint with their meal to unwind from the working day.
The bar maid does not say “You have had enough to drink now”.
It is their revenue.
Drivers abroad would forget where they parked the truck after a night on the town.
Driving around all night in a taxi to find the lorry.

I take it you called plod useing hands free because the’ve got your name and address :wink:

If you wasted a 999 call for this shame on you

Fair enough I stick me hands up, wrong call thought I was doing the right thing
We all make mistakes

Young-al.You have done nothing wrong.You did what you thought was best.No harm done.Fever Tree drinks bottles look like wine bottles.Fever Tree drinks are fizzy tonic water.

It wasn’t particularly the wrong call Al, neither was it particularly the right call. With lots of things it comes down to your judgement. I personally wouldn’t have made the call, but each to their own I suppose.

The problem comes when as posted earlier it was maybe a posh bottle of water and you caused him unwanted hassle. Still, less hassle than a flat car full of dead people I suppose. No right or wrong here tbf.

I’d be surprised if he actually got stopped. I was talking to the operater (hands free) just passing trowel and he was ahead of me the whole time until I come off for the A42/M42 he kept on the M1 never saw a single cop car. That surprised me as I thought they would be flying out of the compound at trowel!!

Having said that the operator asked me if he was driving erratically I said no his driving looks fine, and I said to her that it could be a bottle of pop or water etc and I’d feel bad for 1 wasting there time and 2 hassling the driver and getting him into bother. So I guess they decided to take no action?
I thought it was the right thing to do personally and I’ll stand by my decision but I’ll stick me hand up if I’m wrong, which in this case it looks like I was

It does seem to me that you have jumped to a conclusion, you said that as he was driving a supermarket wagon that he had “probably got it out of the back” but this is impossible as all supermarket trailers are sealed when they leave the RDC and the seal is checked on arrival at the store.

More likely it was something like this you saw…

Making a call by hands free method is far from being legally allowed.
Just study the court case today.