Albion pub/truckstop

Parked there the other night, mixed feelings about it.
The guy has a range of prices , think it’s about 30+quid for the full works, parking, meal, shower drink etc.or about a fiver cheaper for a bit less.

Ok, that’s fine if you dont work for a bunch of greedy ■■■■ s who would check up and then take about 15 quid off your wage because of that perk
So he had a SNAP option with a 3 quid meal discount, so I went for that.
I walked in the pub carrying my wash gear and towel for my shower, and ordered my meal (about a tenner, but a pub with no draught beer? …Seriously ? :unamused: )
I asked where shower was… bloke says ‘Shower ain’t included’ :open_mouth:
I thought WTF., that should be a basic provision/courtesy ffs :unamused:
I just made it clear I wasnt happy…but only with a shake of head and sarcastic laugh…did not want a snot garnish on my gammon and chips. :imp:
Shame really as the meal was really good, and for the price…but I wont be going back.
And why can he not charge the full price to SNAP including the perks?
Yep I know I could have paid a couple of quid for the shower, but I’m a right arsey bast, if it had been 10p, I would not have paid on principle.
If you can’t give a driver a free shower after a days work,.and one who is going to spend in your pub…well. :unamused:
Nah.

So you pay to park, buy food beer out your own money and he still expects you to pay extra for shower FFs :unamused:

So would you rather have a free shower but no £3 discount on your meal?
How will they ever know that they’ve lost your custom if you never tell them why?

stu675:
So would you rather have a free shower but no £3 discount on your meal?
How will they ever know that they’ve lost your custom if you never tell them why?

Nah call me greedy, but I’d expect £3 voucher AND a shower tbh.
I think I made it clear that I could not believe a shower was not included, by my reaction.
I mean …it is anywhere else …(apart from Coney Garth,.and I never went back there either)

I had my towel round my gregory and wash bag under my arm ffs,.you would have thought he would have just said…'Ok crack on mate '.

Do we really have to accept poor service nowadays or what?.. or am I asking for too much.

On reflection you are maybe right,.I should have said summet but I explained why…it is not wise upsetting someone about to serve you a meal. :smiley: …but maybe even on the way out, but I had calmed down by then, …I ain’t usually backwards at coming forwards either. :unamused:

On the flip side, J24 truck stop bundle in £7.50 meal voucher with snap parking. Admittedly there may be 50 wagons in there most nights, but I think the facility is good.

Couple of pubs right next door which I haven’t sampled and a pricey farm shop at the top of the road.

njl:
On the flip side, J24 truck stop bundle in £7.50 meal voucher with snap parking. Admittedly there may be 50 wagons in there most nights, but I think the facility is good.

Couple of pubs right next door which I haven’t sampled and a pricey farm shop at the top of the road.

Tbh mate that is exactly where I was originally heading after I left Wells (and could not decide if that was a proper truck park there or not or a ■■■■ bus station.), …but to get there I would have needed another break, so I just plummed for there instead.

robroy:

njl:

Tbh mate that is exactly where I was originally heading after I left Wells (and could not decide if that was a proper truck park there or not or a [zb] bus station.), …but to get there I would have needed another break, so I just plummed for there instead.

As much as I can I try to pop in somewhere for a 45 to size it up before planning a night out there, but every time I go by the Albion for a Glastonbury tip I’m thinking it looks like a ball ache to get back out, at least during the day.