Albion Inn Truckstop, Bridgwater

I believe it has recently under new management.
Good place to park for a night out (food/security) ■■?
Anyone been recently?

YES it is very good, great breakfast, friendly staff/owner, limited space for parking, and the open/shut times vary.

had a nice curry there a couple of weeks ago :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

last time i went,had burger and chips,i couldn’t eat it all there was so much ,homemade burger as well ,absolutley fantastic

I do keep meaning to stop for some grub as I pass it at least once a week so I think I should do just that then if it’s good.

How many artics can they get in there, we should keep these places going , once they are gone , they are gone, and they will build new homes or flats there, look at the nice view to the Somerset levels■■?
All Lgv drivers should boycot rip off Msa`s, it is free to park at the cattle market off the M5, the breakfast there is good value, friendy staff, and the meals in the day are good too, how long before they start to charge us all for parking there■■?
There is a free shower at the rear of the market, and i have been told they are moving the shower block.

I have always thought it looks a bit tight if its already 3/4 full.

Agreed that we should do what we can to keep these places in business.

It always looks forgotten when I pass by but then like you guys have said, it will be without support. Next time I’m passing, I must try it out.

It always looks abandoned…Think I’ve only ever saw a truck in there once.

UPDATE . . .

stopped there last night (saturday)

It is now run by a lovely couple who only took it over the middle of December and are trying to bring it back to its former glory.

I had several pints of Speckled Hen, which was in fine form (he has a barrel of London Pride to go on next) in front of a lovely open log fire in the bar area.
I already had my meal sorted, but they are really obliging and said they will always try to rustle something up ‘out of food hours’ if someone was hungry and wanted a hot meal. Next time I go I shall take them up on their offer.

I was really impressed and wish them all the luck in the world, they say on their website that they are 11 minutes from jcn 23 of the M5 … spot on! exactly 11 mins to get back to the motorway this morning, they use SNAP account, and they have a loyalty card scheme whereby if you stop there 5 seperate nights, you get a free pint or sweet.

Certainly recommended by me :smiley:

I stopped on the market quite a lot last year,had a shower on the Bridgwater services then tea at the pub ,free parking and a very quiet night.

It was always on my list when i was in that quarter, having had several decent nights there and some good food. I have used it through three owners and hope the new couple keep it going.

The locals are a bit inbred but they are harmless :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
It was always on my list when i was in that quarter, having had several decent nights there and some good food. I have used it through three owners and hope the new couple keep it going.

The locals are a bit inbred but they are harmless :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahaha, I live in a similar village, mate :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks all for your comments. We are trying to improve the appearance of the building inside and out, but this unfortunatly takes time. Hope you like the new RED signs in the entrance.

To confirm our opening hours are:
Truck stop / Parking Mon - Sat.

Food served 08.00 - 15.00 and 17.00 - 21-00 Mon - Sat

Sat Nav co-ordinates
Grid ref:

ST427370 – X: 342700m Y: 137100m
Lat: 51:07:53N (51.1298) Lon: 2:49:31W

Or use post code TA7 9QT and ‘Pedwell Lane, Ashcott’.
Some sat nav’s are not correct, we have already contacted tomtom to correct this, tomtom say they have updated this and users can download an update, would welcome any feedback on this.

We look forward to meeting you all!!

Regards
Jon & Angie
(The Albion Inn).

We all have to keep these places going and not line the pockets of these horrid motorway giants that have a blatant disregard and no respect to a pro=driver, while in Europe, the service stations have a seperate lounge and rest area away from the tourists so they can get some peace in comfy sofas and watch some tv and get free internet.
You never know if the Rolling Stones pull in for a cuppa on the way to Glastonbury this year.

New opening hours

WE are now open over weekends and bank holidays.
Bank holiday opening hours
Cafe 10.00-14.00 and 17-00 - 21.00
Bar 17.00 - close

Normal opening hours
Monday - Saturday
08.00 - 15.00 and 17.00 - close
Food served 08.00 - 15.00 and 17.00 - 21.00 (later can be arranges if we know you are arriving)

Sunday Summer opening
10.00 - 14.00
Parking available

Home cooked food and a warm friendly welcome.

A wood log fire for the winter months will get the punters in, you can not beat home made cooking, all the vitamins and minerals stay in the food, once again, use these places or lose them.
This truck stop has stunning views of the hills and country side in the area.

follow us on Twitter @thealbioninn

Or face book facebook.com/#!/pages/The-A … 05?fref=ts

Parked up in the Albion now. I go out of my way to get here for the night.
Run by very nice friendly people, GREAT food and bar.

Time for my bunk

Paul :stuck_out_tongue:

Enjoy their breakfast.The road is shut at Pilton tomorrow if you are heading on the A 361.