Albion clydesdale 1960s onwards

I would like to know if any of the old time drivers from the 1960s have any photos of the albion Clydesdale with the Leyland 401 motor and 6 speed over drive gear box from that era. Courtaulds Northern Transport operated a fleet of them at that time,what a fantastic truck that was ,you could go any where with it and it would take you home,the roar of that motor made you feel proud to be driving it the reliability was increadable,It had a legal 10 ton payload, unfortunately it did not have power steering whitch would have made it into one of the best at that time, comments please

LAD Albion Clydesdale F reg which makes it 1968. transportphotos.com/road/photos

CX00844.jpg
A couple of Egro cabbed Clydesdales.( I think these would have had power steering) G reg which were 1968/69

CX00823.jpg
CX00849.jpg
The Milk Marketing board ran quite a few during the 60s/70s both models LAD + EGRO cabbed when i was working there.
H reg 1969/70

B reg 1964

M.M.B ALBION CLYDESDALE.jpg

Two more here both LAD cabs
GILMARTIN OF ACCRINGTON.jpg
Hoveringham Albion Clydesdale.jpg

Many thanks for the Albion Clydesdale photos,Stanfield,they bring back happy memories of driving a great lorry from that era. At one time I was operating an F reg 16 ton Clydesdale tipper with the 6 speed box with another short gearstick mounted at the rear of the main gearstick working as the splitter on 5 of the gears,what a pleasure when loaded with 10 tons climbing hills and being able to split by that half a gear taking strain off that 401 motor, both engine gearbox and diff lasted many moons,again thanks for the photos.

Very popular with the MMB at one time and then replaced with the egro cabbed Albion C/dale when they came out.

Thanks a lot again for the MMB photo John of the Albion Clydesdale tanker,I don’t know how you have all these great photos, but If you have any more of the Clydesdale or any others of old timers keep them coming please,love to see them.
Regards Becker

Hi becker take a look on this site for photos transportphotos.com/road/photos