Alberta lmo

I’ve just been told by b&d walter trucking lmo in alberta require 10 years work history anyone applying in alberta at the moment ’

Never heard of needing a 10 year work history just for an LMO but you will need a 10 year work history when you apply for PNP/PR anyway so it’ll be something best sorted out before you come out any way. You don’t need actual references though, just a confirmation of employment letter from as many companies as possible and for those that have gone bust or no longer have records of you because it was so long back, they will have to do without those. If its the same as the requirement for PNP/PR you don’t need to give exact dates either if not know, just month/year to month/year is fine. Half of my previous companies dont exist any more so confirmation letters from them were impossible.

I’ve been notified today by email from 2 companies I visited in December in Alberta ,they require 10 years history I have some gaps in between but surely if I was lucky enough to get an LMO when I did apply for p/r the work that I had done in Canada should count towards that ’ as you said to me previously Robin Hood the odds are stacked firmly against the applicant

chef sauce:
I’ve been notified today by email from 2 companies I visited in December in Alberta ,they require 10 years history I have some gaps in between but surely if I was lucky enough to get an LMO when I did apply for p/r the work that I had done in Canada should count towards that ’ as you said to me previously Robin Hood the odds are stacked firmly against the applicant

Yes it would, it’ll be 10 years from the date you submit your application for PNP/PR so for that purpose you’ll also be including your time spent in Canada up until then. I only went back 8 or 9 years because I applied for PR when I was 25 and even then, many of my jobs were short term factory jobs and they don’t keep records going that far back. Dont worry about gaps, if you were unemployed, just state that. I still don’t know why they’d want all this information just for an LMO though? It certainly seems to be much less hassle in other provinces.

I might possibly look into Saskatchewan I’m going to have a peek on the goverment website see if I can get any info on there LMO application and requirements ’

They probably require this within the company so that anyone who does come to work for them meets the requirements for PNP/PR :bulb:

This is a good thing really as it suggests that they are not just a revolving door company, like many others :open_mouth:

Taffy and Chunk are both on Walters and I know Chunk is very happy there, Taffy on the other hand would moan he had too much money if he won the lotto :laughing:

newmercman:
They probably require this within the company so that anyone who does come to work for them meets the requirements for PNP/PR :bulb:

This is the only thing I can think of too. If its the company that sponsors the applicant for PNP in Alberta then perhaps they want all the paperwork to be in order before arrival so theres no ■■■■■■ about later on when as usual, a driver has done no research and suddenly finds that he needs paperwork and such like thats only available back in the UK, and he’s now in Canada.

I hope taffy or chuck can pick up on my post I’ve actually submitted some paperwork to another company …in that area 'it was them who sent me an email yesterday to ask what I was doing as I only submitted 8 years work history … I was out of work for a while told the lady in the reply email and haven’t heard …back from them 'then I popped into Walters yard in December when I was out in Canada spoke to a lovely welsh ■■■■■■■ reception …'and she informed me to build a cv and send it in ’ havent got around to making a cv but sent a message to b&d walter… yesterday they replied 10 years work history 5 references …,drivers abstract copy of passport page’I’m going to wait a couple of days and see if this other outfit are interested in me …or if I’m suited to there company if that fails I shall try b&d walter as I have experience hauling livestock … Cheers lads for your reply’s

The Welsh girl will be one of their wive’s, they both work there.

It does seem a bit over the top for just an LMO but at least if you get it all in place now, when the time comes for your PNP/PR application, you’ll have all this nonsense sorted out and ready.

That’s the point ffs, finally a company does it properly and tries to get drivers over for the long term, rather than the meat in the seat revolving door attitude that many have and you think it’s OTT :exclamation:

newmercman:
That’s the point ffs, finally a company does it properly and tries to get drivers over for the long term, rather than the meat in the seat revolving door attitude that many have and you think it’s OTT :exclamation:

Just because their recruiter is wanting much more background information than is normally required doesn’t mean the job itself is any better than any other company, The proof will be in the pudding in that regard. Bureaucracy in the office doesn’t equal good job and put and end to the revolving door. The best jobs I’ve had here have been the most informal ones and the worst have tended to be those with large offices and the endless large company clap trap.
Anyway, I’m not saying its a bad thing, especially as he’ll need a 10yr history later on for PR, just that its unusual and as far as I’m aware, its certainly not a requirement for an LMO unless Alberta is different.

What’s the problem or difficulty in gathering 10 years of (work) history? If you’ve been unemployed/school/training or whatever you just put that down. And if you’ve got something to hide it probably will pop up when applying for pr and the whole thing of comming over here is useless anyhow. Now i don’t work for b&d walter but from what i hear they seem to be a decent outfit.

You don’t have to show that you’ve been trucking for 10 years as you only need 2( or is it 3?) Years out of the last 5 years trucking experience for lmo purposes

The problem can be trying to prove that 10 year history. I had nothing to hide, but when I went back to previous employers, especially those further back than 5 years, many were no longer in business or if they were, they didn’t keep records that far back so it left a lot of either blank spaces or times that could not be verified beyond taking my own word for it. The PR people accepted this but if companies are requiring it before you even start, they may not be so understanding and demand a full and verified history before taking you on, and this is something that’s not always possible and this is probably why the OP is a bit worried and started the thread.
It should be standard practice for anyone coming out here to have their 10 year history in place and where possible, references/confirmation of employment on company letter headed paper any way, as this WILL be needed when applying for PNP/PR further down the road.

I don’t have references going back 10 years, I’ve actually got 1 going back 3 years before comming over here but i do have paystubs and taxrecords etc going back way further then 10 years and with my name and the companies name on a paystub i think proves you worked for them. But if you don’t keep records then you need a computer and printer for the reference and a buddy to answer the phone as your former employer. I know a few guys who scammed their way through PR. I don’t agree with it but it happens

I was fortunate in that respect, as I ran my own lorries back in the UK, I did my own references :sunglasses:

Although that brings its own complications, so as a safeguard I got references from customers, one of which knew me from when I first started driving from them in the mid 80s, so that answered any questions before they were asked :wink:

newmercman:
I was fortunate in that respect, as I ran my own lorries back in the UK, I did my own references :sunglasses:

The chap I worked for couldn’t be bothered to do me a proper reference so I got him to give me some company letter headed paper, went home and wrote myself a glowing reference, printed it out on said paper and presented it for him to sign above his name, which he did in a state of confusion and bemusement!

I would like to know how are comrades with the funny head gear get away with it when it comes to submitting all the relevant info for the lmo ’

Interpreters would be my guess, there are also on different programs that would take into account that after living in a developing country, there would be a good chance that there is no paper trail. Oh and forgery probably plays a part, as does the race card in ultra liberal Canadashire.