Airlines etc....

On the back of the unit 5:00am pitch black raining freezing cold ,can,t see sweet fa… :unamused: :unamused: blowing a gale :unamused: :unamused:

And yellow airline decides not going on! :frowning: :frowning: Little zb

What a load of zb…took 20 mins and 2 people to put a zb airline on! :unamused: :unamused:

Who designs this zb ? :blush: :blush:
:laughing: some zb in an office ffs it,s 2015 make it easy!

Why do we put up with this zb!

It is easy…

Gosh, for a minute I thought you were on about a DHL plane flying over Burton. Where’s me meds?!

prefer the old way with the taps,connect up turn on the taps and listen as the air goes through,much easier,the modern ones now you sometimes have to use all your bxxxxy strength to put them on

Can be awkward for the service line if it’s pressurised, for some reason the red line goes on much easier, why is that?

The problem with taps and palms is that its entirely possible for the air lines to get caught up and either turn the tap off, or in the case of palms to disconnect the line entirely, and there you go blissfully unaware its happened till you need to stop.
Wasn’t so bad on my first job, red and yellow lines were on palms, but the blue line was still a large male/female socket, so in the event of the yellow line being a probelm you still had trailer brakes.

The blue line had to go in the interests of standardisation, no doubt a safety move, along with increasing our working day to 15 hours from 12.5… :unamused:

so you got it on … what was the problem ■■ pressure or was it the safety pull collar had that myself needed a good knock to get it to move

Was the engine running at the time?

If it was that was likely the problem.

If it wasn’t and it was still difficult, and assuming it wasn’t the collar that was sticking then just use the brake pedal to pump the air out then it’ll go on easily.

If it’s a problem, put on the red line, pull the trailer brake and release the handbrake in the cab.

Or eat your breakfast everyday :wink:

Dry collar, needs some lube, or your all ■■■■ weak in your yard!

Yep ,engine was off ,old rusty connection ,spat on it bashed it a few times,but the swine still wouldn’t go on. :unamused:

Wd40 lube and brute strength of two people eventually got it on…

Must be a better way , :unamused: :unamused: it’s 2015 now for gods sakes!

New coupling required on trailer? Not exactly expensive or difficult to change then no more problems

Try doing all that with a broken right hand and bruised ribs on Tremorfa Steelworks after a full tilt strip (I always undone the red airline, don’t ask) loading Steel Coils at 4am in December. I have and it ■■■■■.

possibly your a victim of too much self abuse and could do with one of these?.. :smiley:

7bf448dd7d13e86eb121d78551a89980.jpg

I always carry one of the tiny cans of WD40 in my bag, makes life easier.

Our tractor quick release hydraulic connections are the same idea and the oil can trap any crap thats flying around in dusty conditions, wipe with some blue roll, skoosh of wd40, work the collar about a bit and you’re good to go.

maestegboy:
Must be a better way !

There is - drive a rigid :grimacing: .

get down the gym and stop being a ■■■■■.

but must admit I liked the old taps on airlines and by god did they save me when I ripped them all off. :open_mouth:

Goldilox:
Gosh, for a minute I thought you were on about a DHL plane flying over Burton. Where’s me meds?!

Aw the safe suzie system or ground coupling system… excellent :smiley:

You spent 10 mins untangling all the lines, bring the thing down, connect them all, send it back in and… tangled to [zb]!!!

Lots of damage to the air/electrical lines in out place :sunglasses:

maestegboy:
On the back of the unit 5:00am pitch black raining freezing cold ,can,t see sweet fa… :unamused: :unamused: blowing a gale :unamused: :unamused:

And yellow airline decides not going on! :frowning: :frowning: Little zb

What a load of zb…took 20 mins and 2 people to put a zb airline on! :unamused: :unamused:

Who designs this zb ? :blush: :blush:
:laughing: some zb in an office ffs it,s 2015 make it easy!

Why do we put up with this zb!

Should av popped trailer brake on then let the handbrake off in the cab thus relieving the pressure in the yellow line allowing a pain free connection then reapply handbrake and then pop the trailer off

maestegboy:
Yep ,engine was off ,old rusty connection ,spat on it bashed it a few times,but the swine still wouldn’t go on. :unamused:

Sounds like a Good Night Out at a Grab A Granny Bash.

martinviking:

maestegboy:

Sounds like a Good Night Out at a Grab A Granny Bash.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: