Air Products is no more a sad day

Well its another very sad day for another skilled british workforce as Air Products in Acrefair nr Wrexham closes its gates for the last time today since 1957
I`d like to wish all affected by this sad closure the very best of luck in finding future employment.

Please click the link to watch a video made as a tribute to the employees of Air Products some great shots of the huge loads being moved which they made there
youtube.com/watch?v=CIB5Rrf1t04

And here`s a few pics i took when one of there loads was on the move

nianiamh:
Well its another very sad day for another skilled british workforce as Air Products in Acrefair nr Wrexham closes its gates for the last time today since 1957
I`d like to wish all affected by this sad closure the very best of luck in finding future employment.

Please click the link to watch a video made as a tribute to the employees of Air Products some great shots of the huge loads being moved which they made there
youtube.com/watch?v=CIB5Rrf1t04

And here`s a few pics i took when one of there loads was on the move

Hi nianiamh,
Saw that one on the Welsh news,make you wonder whats going to survive in this country,there will soon be no skilled jobs left.Blokes like yourself did the right thing in getting out.

The more i see like this from back in the UK Dave makes me think ive defo done the right thing by getting out, as you so rightly say therell be nothing left before long very very sad

Hi nianiamh. did you know any drivers from Crewe on air products?

I used to ship out from Dartford to Zeebee with a guy called Charlie, what a nice bloke this fella is.

My niece, husband and family emigrated to British Columbia three years ago,they got out at the right time,better lifestyle and future. If I was a young bloke I’d do the same.

my thoughts go out to all affected by this sad news.
i would also like to thank succesive british goverments for winding down skilled industries in this country.
fear not everyone,the goverment knows what its doing after year upon year of succcessive failures.we will all be working in call centres before long.
everything is dwindling away before us,shipbuilding,engineering,gas,water,electric,vehicle building,coal,as well as countless speacalist industries.
lets just hope we can rely on other countries to supply us with everything that we need in the future FOREVER,or we can never survive under our own steam as school leavers will not know how to make or build anything,just answerphones in a polite manner,or serve you a mcdonalds.
:imp: :imp: :imp:
my condolancies also to british industry…RIP old friend!

A) Being ignant but what exactly is “that”.

B) One of them, “rather you than me” jobs.

nianiamh:
The more i see like this from back in the UK Dave makes me think ive defo done the right thing by getting out, as you so rightly say therell be nothing left before long very very sad

you deff done right they said on the welsh news organ donation is to become an opt out ie you dont get a choice if you dont opt out this is only the welsh asembly not uk so you dont even own your own bits lol theres nothing left round wrexham area and as for driveing round here foget it the kids in macdonalds earn more an hour do they want an old 48 year old driver out there as i wont do it over here now what with drivers cpc lol someone whos been driveing a couple of years telling you how to drive lol stay lucky out there and dont think about comeing back here

buck rogers:
i would also like to thank succesive british goverments for winding down skilled industries in this country.
fear not everyone,the goverment knows what its doing after year upon year of succcessive failures.we will all be working in call centres before long.
everything is dwindling away before us,shipbuilding,engineering,gas,water,electric,vehicle building,coal,as well as countless speacalist industries.
lets just hope we can rely on other countries to supply us with everything that we need in the future FOREVER,or we can never survive under our own steam as school leavers will not know how to make or build anything,just answerphones in a polite manner,or serve you a mcdonalds.

totally agree, except that even call centres are gradually being ‘offshored’ too, but remember that we are now a service based economy, relying on the banking and financial sector for our future - oh, erm it now turns out that they couldn’t run an ■■■■ in a brothel and need bailing out with as much money as would have kept British Steel, the pits, shipbuilding and the motor industry going forever more :imp:

The sad demise of yet another traditional British engineering company. :cry:

Driveroneuk:
The sad demise of yet another traditional British engineering company. :cry:

Don’t know about that.

• More than 18,000 employees around the world
  • Operations in more than 40 countries
  • Annual revenues of over $ 8.3 billion

I think the basics is they can do it cheaper elsewhere.And apparently it still fits in with their ethics of …

Our approach

At Air Products, we believe for our social investment to be successful, it is important to understand the needs of the communities we operate in. This is done through discussion and consultation with individuals, employees, community groups and other key stakeholders. Our aim is to respond to these needs through a targeted social responsibility programme, which helps to develop fruitful relationships and sustainable communities in a meaningful way.

Our goal is to strengthen the civic, social, and economic fabric and to improve the quality of the environment in our communities where a significant number of company employees live and work

This was the final large load out of Acrefair, last Sunday. A couple of small columns went out during the week but this was the last true abnormal one. Destined for the Isle of Grain.

Coming into Ellesmere Port

Here’s one of the large columns from a few years ago.

Tim
www.heavyhaulage.blogspot.com
Blog has videos of one of the last load movements from Acrefair.

buck rogers:

When NuLabour took office back in 1997 manufacturing made up 20% of the GDP of the UK.

Now, 12 years later, manufacturing accounts for just 13%.

Stan

this country is pants. the name “great” in britain should be dropped. the people who screwed it up like blair should be shot. I really wish i could have lived years ago. because we don’t make or export any of our great inventions any more sadly the only future for the driving industry is going to be mail and parcel services or supermarket deliveries. sad really :angry:

Mike-C:
I think the basics is they can do it cheaper elsewhere.And apparently it still fits in with their ethics of …

production moved to China according to Radio Wales – apparently Welsh Employees went to China to train the Chinese ones :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

at the risk of sounding a bit simplistic,saying as though hundreds of companies are either shutting up shop in britain,and moving abroad,or closing sown completley,why isnt the trade and industry minister holding emergency meetings with trade and union bodies,other goverment ministers,companies and whoever else it takes to try and work out how to stem this huge problem and why cant we do it cheaper here apart from the obvious wages bill.a radical rethink is urgently in order,can westminster not see past its rose tinted windows?.why arent the alarm bells ringing?im not the fizziest can in the fridge by any means,and didnt attend oxford,but even i,(like i told my wife the recession was coming a year before it did),can see real problems ahead.

the Great in Britain is nothing to do with status
only geographical size
Britain is different to the area Great Britain covers
the United Kingdom is different from the British isles

28dayslater.co.uk/forums/sho … hp?t=45804

buck rogers:

Oh mate come on, dont you know we have the finest finacial services industry in the world, :blush: sorry I forgot the fat cats (including the complete political class) srcewed that up too :smiling_imp: .

Well it is a sad day as you said Nianiamh, for the guys that work there, and i dont suppose that area is a wash with work, certainly not skilled work. but maybe they’ll put up a shopping center, like what happened to the old Air Prod site at Edmonton, coz thats really good work :unamused: :unamused:

eddie snax:
maybe they’ll put up a shopping center, like what happened to the old Air Prod site at Edmonton, coz thats really good work :unamused: :unamused:

yep, from leading the world in this type of plant, both BOC Edmonton and now AP Acrefair have gone, to be replaced with IKEA and other stuff that worsens the balance of trade disaster we’re in :imp: