Air lines

As a class one driver i should know a bit about them .Today i see a lorry with 2 sets on one
set normal from unit to head board of trailer where they normally go.Set 2 was going from
back axle of unit to under the trailer same 5 airline any ideas.

How many axles on trailer?

Brian Yeardleys
had / have some
used when coupling very close

Used to provide air pressure to some sort of special Yokery on the trailer I’d wager.

you would in past times see some of the Euro boys with this sort of set up as its been said close couple and it stopped over stretching of the suzzies.
of course it could have a drawbar fitting at the rear of the unit for moving drawbar trailers about :exclamation:

Double 20 ft box container trailer.2 trailers coupled together.Idea is that you can carry 2 twenty foot boxes.Drop rear box and trailer at one delivery then take second box to next drop point.Air and power is fed to trailing trailer via first trailer.
When delivery finished just back first trailer onto second trailer run up ramps which lifts the first trailer wheels off the floor,lock them together,connect the susies and pull both empty containers away.Used a lot in Holland.

Bking:
Double 20 ft box container trailer.2 trailers coupled together.Idea is that you can carry 2 twenty foot boxes.Drop rear box and trailer at one delivery then take second box to next drop point.Air and power is fed to trailing trailer via first trailer.
When delivery finished just back first trailer onto second trailer run up ramps which lifts the first trailer wheels off the floor,lock them together,connect the susies and pull both empty containers away.Used a lot in Holland.

And some one is supposedly a clever eeer fitter, someone needs to read the post
fingermissing asked why two sets of air lines on the tractor unit, the correct answer as stated above is for close coupling trailers.
some how burger king I don’t think you would get to far leaving the air lines on the unit and dropping the trailer to deliver your second box :smiley: , must be good air lines those were do you get them from? ones what you leave on under the unit and drop the spliter trailer which wasn’t even asked about
if you did that you would prob end up calling out a KNOW it all fitter to put some lines on

So globby you never heard of self sealing air valves?
Strange as they have had them fitted to the back of every tractor unit in the country for the past 15 years.You know you pull the air line off and it dont ■■■■ all the air out!

So how do you fasten air lines to a rear axle prey tell.