air lines

Any one know about air lines on trucks. I drive trucks but i don’t know an awful lot about how they work but what I’d like to know is this, is it possible/easy to use the tanks on a truck to inflate tyres. I have an ERF rigid that gets used about 6 times a year for moving old tractors about. There is a connector on the front of the lorry that I guess is used in the unfortunate case of a breakdown. Is it possible to get air from this ■■ If not any other suggestions

I’m not sure what pressure you can get to (maybe someone else can put us right on that), but it’s certainly possible. Car and tractor tyres wouldn’t be a problem. You would just need an inflation gun with a gauge and trigger on it, connected to whatever length of hose/susie you’d need, then the relevant fittings to plug it onto whatever fitting you have at the front of your ERF, and/or onto your red line if it’s a tractor unit.

Not quite the same i know, but i used to cart clay-based fertiliser in four seperate tanks on a 40’ trailer which had a habit of settling after a while. We had a long hose made up with a pipe fitting and tap on one end, and a male (yellow line) fitting on the other, so you could just plug it into your red line and into the tank and agitate the stuff away to your hearts content.
Failing that you can get a pipe to screw straight on to a valve on some air tanks. What fitting do you have in your grille/bumper?

I’ve got an air line, bought it from a truckstop in Germany, got a palm connecter on it, boss gave me an adapter so it fit my red line, and I’ve got an inflater and an air gun to fit the other end.

tRY READING THIS post

you can get an airline fitting that screws directly onto your air tank, than just fit a tyre inflater to the end., scania used to provide one with new vehicles many moons ago,

Cheers people. I’ll make a line up and see what happens.