Air lines suzy lines

muckles:

montana man:

Coffeeholic:

bestbooties:

Wheel Nut:
I remember them Blue lines Harry.

So do I,and only having ONE electrical suzie!

Yep, and taps on the air lines.

All of the above :blush:

I specifically remember the RED stuff that used to trickle through the BLUE Line from the Trailer and how when connected I could do Gib and back without topping up the 300 litre tank on my scanny :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

I think we might need a nostalgia forum for you lot. :laughing: :laughing:

OH! [zb] I remember Blue lines and air taps. :blush:
Room for one more on that Nostalgia forum :smiley: :laughing:

I remember all of the above, so put me down for that please muckles, and add catwalk tanks containing “Beaujolais” to the list :laughing:
Talking of Scanias (1 series, of course,) moving the batteries inboard left room in the battery boxes for “pumping equipment:wink:

I remember nostalgia as something we “Golden Oldies” talk about in the good old days of"lorry driving" and not trucking! :unamused: :unamused:

As a fitter in the “good old days” long before the plug in a gizmos to tell you what is wrong, I remember working on the LAD and Leyland Ergomatic cabbed wagons and how Leyland trumpeted about this “superb” tilt cab on the ergomatics that when tilted left the drivers seat / steering column and all the associated brake valves / pipe work etc. underneath and a veritable rats nest of wiring etc and an absolute pig to get at anything but this was the start of the modern day tilt cab no hydraulics them days you just had to shove and grunt to tilt the cab. :unamused: :unamused:

The air assisted handbrake that without any air you couldn,t release (Leyland hadn,t fitted “spring brakes” then) or the “Splitter” handle that was another short gearlever just in front of the Gearlever on the floor and ABS was never heard of them days you just had to use “cadence” braking to stop a lock up and the only time a Leyland would lock up was with an empty trailer. :blush: :blush:

These were the good old days as some say but the million dollar question is would you like to go back to them taking in to account all the modern stuff we drive now, me thinks not !!!:roll: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: