Air horns- What make?

We need to replace a pair of crap Air horns on one of our lorries which were on it when we bought it,will have holes in the cab roof so might as well replace with a new pair of air horns.

Can anyone tell me of a good name both in make and supplier?

Ive been all round the internett looking for these horns and am totally confused as you know they all sound the best buy. They range from £20.00 to £200.00 some around £50.00 can kick out 130 decibel?

Looking for a good deep sound preferably air than electric.

Anyone out there with good air horns? Dont want to pay big money and fit them on only for them to sound like they ought to be on a kids go-kart!

Thanks all

tricky d

I only ever buy Hadley. they have their own distictive sound and very loud.
I go for the rectangle type but they do a round type aswell.

hadley-products.com/catalog/ … v=3&cat=32

Hadley are very good, but don’t go for the New Generation ones, they are an anodised aluminium horn and look pants :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Grover air horns are very good too

Ive just looked that Hadleys website and these sound the best:-

hadley-products.com/catalog/ … =37&prd=18

scottishcruiser:
Ive just looked that Hadleys website and these sound the best:-

hadley-products.com/catalog/ … =37&prd=18

they are the Next Generation air horns, might sound nice, but look cheap and nasty, i had some but didn’t like the look of them, so sold them before i fitted them

Hadley every time, round ones not square ones, and not with plastic caps shoved in the ends

just put two 22" hadleys on mine, sound lovely

i got 2 26" chrome oblong Hadley’s on two of mine, they sound great

i also got a pair of Hadley round chrome on my drive and they dopn’t sound quite as good, but that may be down to the way they are piped up and operated, may have to look at re-doing the air system to them :smiley:

shuttlespanker:

i also got a pair of Hadley round chrome on my drive and they dopn’t sound quite as good, but that may be down to the way they are piped up and operated, may have to look at re-doing the air system to them :smiley:

Can anyone tell me the best way to pipe these up for air please??

Tricky d

Tricky Dicky:

shuttlespanker:

Tricky d

what truck you fitting them on?

on the DAF, there is an air supply line from under the passneger seat all the way up to the roof section, just will need connecting up

shuttlespanker:

Tricky Dicky:

shuttlespanker:

Tricky d

on the DAF, there is an air supply line from under the passneger seat all the way up to the roof section, just will need connecting up

An Iveco .there is loads of air brake pipes under the front bonnet? and also in the cab under the armrest panel there are thin pto pipes going to the pto tipper switches and a separate pipe going to the air handbrake.

Are these good enough or do we need a compressor like on the hadley website?

Looking at some of the UK airhorn websites it says you just "T " into and existing air line??is that right??

Tricky d

go to HORNBLASTER.COM foir a laff if nothing else

Tricky Dicky:
An Iveco .there is loads of air brake pipes under the front bonnet? and also in the cab under the armrest panel there are thin pto pipes going to the pto tipper switches and a separate pipe going to the air handbrake.

Are these good enough or do we need a compressor like on the hadley website?

Looking at some of the UK airhorn websites it says you just "T " into and existing air line??is that right??

Tricky d

Don’t connect anything to your Air Brake Pipes

you’ll either get a horn that blows when you brake or brake failure :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

just dont use the one under the drivers seat or every time you pull the chain you will disappear behind the steering wheel :open_mouth: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

Tricky Dicky:

shuttlespanker:

Tricky d

oops :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

i meant drivers seat, it is the line fitted purposely for the air horns

and the only way that you would end up under the steering wheel is by constantly blowing them for about half an hour :laughing:

Does anyone have any advice fitting airhorns to a topline thanks ? :question: :question: :question:

philberg182:
Does anyone have any advice fitting airhorns to a topline thanks ? :question: :question: :question:

yes mate dont do kin do it

What about an Actros as we have some spare air horns floating around. :question:

removalboy:
What about an Actros as we have some spare air horns floating around. :question:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . air horns on a bloody hitlers revenge :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , they prob blow the roof or a hitlers revenge!! most def dont do it :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

globby 480:

philberg182:

yes mate dont do kin do it

Dont know what your bothered about coz i`ll probably have to do yours for you aswell :laughing: :laughing: